PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Jet A320 line training - advice needed.

AlexanderH
25th Dec 2011, 17:43
I've been trying for some time to find out where Eagle Jet send you for the a320 line training programs? I have tried searching for this on pprune but to no avail.
Also Eagle Jet are quite secretive about all this and wont tell me.

If anyone can help or is actually on one of those programs I would really appreciate some advice.

Also I don't suppose any other p2f companies offer a320 training in the far east per chance?

unimuts
25th Dec 2011, 20:59
I think its because the operators are to embarrassed to let it be known they use P2F, so want to keep it quiet.

If you have an FAA 320 rating EJ dont do P2F, its only for JAA people. Might be because only seems like Europeans jumping on the P2F scheme.

Only a guess though, maybe EJ can post something here to let us know the list of airlines available.

AlexanderH
25th Dec 2011, 23:09
I can understand the likes of EJ and other p2f companies wanting to protect their clients identities, however, it would be great to at least get an idea of the countries that they operate in. It's impossible to make a semi-informed decision on which provider to choose when you can't even get a list of countries you might end up working in.

So far I've found it next to impossible to get any decent info. Very frustrating.
So if anyone has any information on where these programs are that would be wonderful.

bedix84
26th Dec 2011, 10:05
Alexander, i'm sure the countyry you have been looking is Europe, but not sure in which places...not 100% sure..but most probably is Turkey, Istanbul with an airline called ONUR AIR and I heard another one should be in UK as well as in north Europe (Scandinavian countries).
;)

AlexanderH
26th Dec 2011, 20:20
Actually I haven't been looking at Europe at all. I was primarily looking for work in Asia. I've been working there for the last three years and love the place.

I'm guessing that there are no a320 programs in the far East. Not really interested in working in Turkey I have to say.

bedix84
27th Dec 2011, 00:12
Asia for Airbus..not at all:=:=
Maybe you can find with some agencies like skiesconsultancy, which i previously suggest you to leave it, because expensive in my opinion..
In UAE the with Bahrain they call you for 65k euro :eek: (150 LT+1 year contract where you receive a salary of 1000 $ american) and they running for sure 2 different program both with 300TT LT, one is held in EURASIA with ARMAVIA AIRLINES and another one in Sweden with AIR SWEDEN.
Both 300 TT LT for 35k Euros!
Enjoy;)

VJW
27th Dec 2011, 07:29
All these p2f schemes are crap- simple as that.

I can't imagine how you'd word a decent reply to an interview question relating to your experience at a decent job interview following a p2f contract like this. I'd be embarrassed...

bedix84
27th Dec 2011, 13:40
VJW,
yes it is and i'n not with these schemes
But i Suggest people to do more than 500 hours minimum requirement as to "hide" these schemes in their Resume.;)

AlexanderH
27th Dec 2011, 14:41
Why on earth be embarrassed? If you go to the interview with that kind of attitide then you wont get the job anyway. And if that's the case there is no need to get embarrassed as you'll never see the people interviewing you again.

I am merely taking advantage of the current market situation and as much as I don't neccessarily agree with it either there isn't much I can do to change that.

AlexanderH
27th Dec 2011, 15:09
That's great. Really useful information.

Do you think we could stay on the topic please and not turn this into another boring debate as to whether p2f is ruining the industry blah blah? It's ever so slightly repetitive now.

Much appreciated.

billyx
27th Dec 2011, 18:51
Are you aware that a financial storm is going to hit in 2012? Do you really think jobs will be available anytime soon with oil going at 200 dollars pretty soon?

AlexanderH
27th Dec 2011, 21:25
Again some really useful and relevant information there. Thanks. I'll bear it in mind.

VJW
27th Dec 2011, 23:01
Funny how you commented on my attitude. I actually think billyx makes a very very good point.

I understand your problem though Alex- there isn't a huge amount of choice, and once you've invested so much money for the fATPL, I can understand that you feel the need to drop some more now in the hope to gain it back and some in the future. I've not done much research into this, I guess I was lucky enough to not have too, so on reading the numbers bedix84 was quoting I found them to be simply out of this world and in my opinion not worth it - hence my short/not so sweet reply.
:O

AlexanderH
28th Dec 2011, 00:12
VJW, I understand your point completely and I am not on here to discuss the merits or pitfalls with pay to fly. I am only trying to get some more information on these programs as it is difficult to get direct answers from the p2f companies themselves.

I have tried contacting some pilots at Lion Air, however, I am yet to receive a reply. If there are any out there could they please message me as I'd love to ask some questions?

nastynik
29th Dec 2011, 14:57
Hi Alexander,
I am pretty sure EJ use Atlantic Flight Academy part of Atlas Jet in Istanbul Turkey.

angelorange
31st Dec 2011, 20:36
Have a look at the EU blacklist for airlines. Many have p2f schemes.

Go and become an aviator doing diiferent flying around the globe. Have fun with your cash. But why give it to a loco airline who will leave you for another p2f after a few hours? I can assure you there are many type rated guys without work and many of those have 1000s of hrs.

You might be better off on the Ba or Cathay schemes.

AlexanderH
4th Jan 2012, 17:46
Does anyone know which airline Skies Consultancy are using in the UAE for the a320 one year employment contract?

Would really appreciate if someone could tell me. Thanks.

Jerry Lee
4th Jan 2012, 17:54
I have two things to say:
1) Eagle Jet does provide line training for pilots with non-JAA TR. FAA, Canadian, Australian and so on, it does not matter! The mandatory requirement is that you have a ICAO TR.
2) At the moment, the best deal seems to be wit Lion Air. Anyway, that it is blacklisted does not matter. The important thing is that you acquire experience on the aircraft you are rated on. Furthermore, it may happen that Lion Air will be removed from the black list because of his new aircrafts coming. Recently three indonesian cargo carrier have been removed from the black list and are allowed to fly in EU now.

AlexanderH
4th Jan 2012, 18:21
Can I ask if we stay on topic please? Thanks.

Shaibah
4th Jul 2012, 18:44
Guys does any one knows airlines that have line training for type rated pilots ? Thanks

Mikeca
27th Dec 2022, 01:51
Any update on P2F lately?