PDA

View Full Version : Bulk - Newsletter - Emailer

TBirdFrank
23rd Dec 2011, 23:05
I send out a newsletter four times a year and send around 150 by email.

Now - Windows Livemail via Orange won't let me send to more than a handful of emails together without me getting an error message.

Has anyone any experience of using a bulk email client - mailchimp, or similar, so that I can do a one click and send?

please!

BOAC
24th Dec 2011, 07:39
Yes - some time ago I found GroupMail (http://email.about.com/cs/winbulkreviews/gr/group_mail_free.htm) Free and it has been fine. Servers like AOL will block you if you send to a group of folk with AOL addresses.

mixture
24th Dec 2011, 15:33
Has anyone any experience of using a bulk email client

If you are sending out bulk emails in a personal or small business capacity, you are better off making use of the services of a third party rather than running software on your own computer.

Primary reason being that if you don't know what you're doing, you're going to end up blacklisted before you even finish sending out all your emails !

BOAC
24th Dec 2011, 15:54
Well, it hasn't happened yet in 4 years!

Wefeedumall
24th Dec 2011, 17:09
I had a similar issue with Tiscali, who restrict you to 50 addresses in one go. I just split the email addresses in to groups of less than 50 and called the groups "Club email 1" "Club email 2" etc, this worked for me.
Merry Christmas everyone. :)

FullOppositeRudder
24th Dec 2011, 20:43
It's very much an overkill but you could set up a Yahoo! group to do this. Restrict the group options severely at the setup stage, and also make it a private group. The major immediate restriction is that you can only add the address's of ten people in any one day. So it's going to be a long process getting everyone 'on board'.

As I said, an overkill, but an option that could be looked at even if only to clarify choices in other areas.

FOR