PDA

View Full Version : Facebook security and blocking problems.

IB4138
23rd Dec 2011, 09:10
My sons estranged wife and her new bloke, plus one of his "friends", seem able to unblock themselves from his Book of Face page and mine, without us finding out. Despite complaining to the Book of Face , using the normal channels, this continues to happen.
Anyone know how to get The Book of Face , to take some responsible action on this matter and where to complain to? It is extreme harassment.

green granite
23rd Dec 2011, 09:30
It is extreme harassment.

Ibbie harassment by computer is a criminal offense in the UK, whether that applies to Spain as well I don't know but might be worth checking,

I'll leave it to someone who uses the book of faces to comment on the security side of things bur I take it you've found this. Blocking people - Facebook Help Center | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/help/privacy/blocking)

hellsbrink
23rd Dec 2011, 11:48
To start with, change your passwords since I reckon they have access to your fb account

P.Pilcher
23rd Dec 2011, 15:00
It is for this very reason that I have never joined facebook, twitter or ary other similar sites!

P.P.

FullOppositeRudder
23rd Dec 2011, 22:43
I divorced from Farcebook about three weeks ago. Too much information being thrust in my face from 'friends' and their friends who seem to be unable to express themselves in simple words with resorting to absolute profanity I had never seen in previous verbal communications with them. I managed to "block" the worst offenders, but in the end a clean break was the most elegant solution.

I had been in the system for about three years. I don't need it, and I haven't missed it.

If you really can't live without it, then, as recommended above, a change of password is a top priority. Alternatively, close your account, and after the obligatory 'stay away' period of 14 days, rejoin under a modified or different identity, advise the friends you really want to keep in the loop, and continue the adventure - perhaps with an increased diligence in respect of how much you really need/have to share.

F_O_R