PDA

View Full Version : ORD - NRT: which carrier?

LondonPax
22nd Dec 2011, 12:24
I have to fly from Chicago to Tokyo next May. I want to fly direct. It's a 13-hour flight. Fortunately I can go business class. It seems that I have three airline choices: AA, ANA and JAL. None of them fills me with enthusiasm (two of them are bankrupt). I have flown JAL recently but only medium-haul flights within Asia - service is good but seats and IFE are pretty crap unless you like watching yesterday's NHK news on an endless loop. Haven't flown ANA for years but they are supposed to be better than JAL. I have found AA pretty poor except for one time years ago when I was upgraded to First and got the caviar trolley:p.

I first checked to see which of them has fully-flat (level) beds, as that is important to me. ANA and JAL, even in their newest configurations, have flat beds but they are angled. AA seems to have level flat beds in their brand new configuration, and their website suggested that they have that configuration on the ORD - NRT route (AA 153 - 777) but I wanted to check if anyone on here has experience of that route and can confirm it. I just checked the website again and iti didn't have the reference to the fully flat beds. Seatguru refers to angled lie-flat seats for that flight number.

Yes, I know I'm lucky to be able to go business class and non-flat seats are a First World Problem ... ;)

Thanks.