PDA

View Full Version : NOC for Type Rating from Indian DGCA

FMSguru
22nd Dec 2011, 09:23
Hi Friends iam willing to do a Self sponsored type rating on B-737NG and have collected all the documents required for it. But my agent has told me to submit them at Mumbai DGCA Regional office, as all the students who went through him have done it at Mumbai itself. Whereas the DGCA people at Mumbai say that it should be submitted at FID delhi.

Hoping to get a help on this. :confused:

Regards,
FMSguru :ok:

gAMbl3
22nd Dec 2011, 09:49
send the application to

Director of Airworthiness (CEO)
O/O The Director General of Civil Aviation,
East Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066.

Ridge Runner
22nd Dec 2011, 11:11
Its DC Sharma in Delhi you need. RR

avicon
22nd Dec 2011, 19:26
Do not send anything to RK Puram address. The office at RK puram only deal with examination related issues.

For NOC you will need the following documents...

1) CPL with current IR
2) ME endorsement
3) RTR
4) COP
5) valid Class I medical
6) Training syllabus issued by your training organisation mentioning the type of aircraft you will be trained on.

Note that over and above the usual type rating course, DGCA require MCC and JOC to be integrated into the TR training for first time training on Jet aircraft.

Send photocopies of these docs to

DGCA
1st Floor, FID Section
Training and Licencing
Opp Safdarjung Airport
Aurobindo Marg
NEW DELHI 110 003

Processing time for issue of NOC is 10 working days.

mach5
23rd Dec 2011, 10:34
Are sure that we need a current IR , because as far I know is that your IR get automatically renewed on that particular aircraft when your doing your type rating

avicon
23rd Dec 2011, 11:00
Yes the IR gets renewed and when you sublit for TR endorsement the new IR expiry is calculated from the day of your CA40 check ride.

But DGCA's reasoning is that your IR which is issued on non-jet ACFT <5700KG can only be renewd on a similar or lower (SE) class of acft type. Since IR procedures are performed on TR training you should already be in possession of a valid IR before you can commence the training.

Having said this, there are cases where NOC was issued on expired IR and there have also been cases where they have sent back request for NOC asking them to renew IR on SE at least and then go for TR.

Everything to do with DGCA is arbitrary.