PDA

View Full Version : I'm bored flying on my own, want to come

RoosterBooster
5th Sep 2001, 20:58
Hi guy's

Do any of you get bored flying on your own. I do. Infact sometimes I find it hard to push myself to do it. Don't get me wrong I loooooove flying, but when another person is present on the flight, it makes it that much more enjoyable. I also like the contribution and comments that one makes when they came along. Basically learning from the more experienced.

Am I the only, or do others feel the same.

I fly out of Elstree. I have share in a C172, so if anyone cares to share a ride and show me how they can sharpen my flying then gizza a shout. Email [email protected]

RB

Grandad Flyer
6th Sep 2001, 00:40
I got bored flying from A to B, or trying to think of somewhere to go. I agree its more fun when there are 2 of you, or indeed 2 aircraft off to somewhere for a reason.
I flew 200 hours in a short time in the USA and I flew with someone for most of that time. It would have been a lot duller without another pilot there.
I am lucky now to get paid for flying however, I was amazed recently at the lack of interest when I was asking around for a lift from London to an airport in the south west. It could have been alot of fun, I admit I only wanted to go one way, but everyone I spoke to wanted to charge me full rates for the flight. They needed the hours anyway, but the cheapest I got quoted was around £100.
I didn't have to fly down, so I didn't, but I know when I was doing hour building if someone wanted to be dropped off somewhere, it was a good excuse for taking a flight there.
Perhaps only you and me think like that!!!
I know have a share in a PFA aircraft but unfortunately its only a single seater. Its a lot of fun to fly but I tend only to fly it locally really.

Jetgate
6th Sep 2001, 04:49
Rooster B,

Mate your offer sounds perfect as it will help you and me the MOST! Have flown in the UK with the Air Cadets when I was much younger (and spent most of that time upside down.......) and no flight training what so ever, therefore it would be great to learn the geography around london.

Have a fair bit of cross country experience in Canada and about a 1000hrs TT. I used to live in Ealing and will continue in Ealing when I return to the UK at the end of October. So Mr.Booster if you still have a free seat then I'm in!!

Red_Devil
7th Sep 2001, 11:43
Hi

I know exactly what you mean about flying alone. I love flying but it is so much more enjoyable when you have someone with you to chat, point things out, help with the nav and just generally enjoy the ride!

I learnt to fly at Elstree and am now based from Cranfield. I fly PA28/38's but would be more than happy to team up for aerial fun.

Please e-mail me.

Thanks
Red :D

catswhisker
7th Sep 2001, 16:37
Nice idea, Rooster. Yes, flying on your own is fine, but you can learn a lot more from flying with someone else. Not to mention the savings.. ;) Sadly, I'm a bit too far west to be of much use to you. But if there's anyone out there within reach of Old Sarum, Compton Abbas, Henstridge or even Exeter, drop me a line at [email protected] and let's go scare Bristol ATC... Or wherever.

Deputy Dog
7th Sep 2001, 18:28
I have a share in a PA28 181 Archer based at white waltham (nr maidenhead)but often fly alone. If anyone is interested in going 1/2's on the hourly rate drop me a line. I usually fly on Sat mornings but can book anytime really. This easily works out the cheapest way to hour build by a long shot.

RoosterBooster - If you ever feel the urge to pop down around the tma to ww sometime we could swop rides in our respective planes.