PDA

View Full Version : Tor Airlines

threestable
21st Dec 2011, 14:23
Rumour that Tor ceased ops today. Anyone able to confirm or shed some light?

BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES
21st Dec 2011, 14:28
There is a thread on the cabin crew forum. Seems crew were laid off yesterday.

BOAC
21st Dec 2011, 16:22
So - another notch in Mr Wyatts spear:mad: Black Pearl at it again. Makes the Icelandics/Haraldsson look quite inexperienced, doesn't it? I wonder what the next airline will be called - Wow?

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/472169-phil-wyatt-fires-staff-less-than-week-before-xmas.html

gorter
21st Dec 2011, 17:19
I'm sure he'll come on here again a) Bleating it was someone else's fault, b) he'll sue anyone who says otherwise.

wonder what company will start next spring. :D:D:yuk:

akerosid
22nd Dec 2011, 06:00
Sad to hear this, particularly at this time of year. Has any reason been specifically cited by the company for the closure?

While it must obviously be very painful for the employees, operating a small charter outfit in the current economic environment must be particularly difficult.

JetPhotos.Net Photo » SP-HAA (CN: 24664) Tor Air (Small Planet Airlines) Boeing 737-322 by John Fitzpatrick (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7152758)

Boeingman
22nd Dec 2011, 10:12
Tor Air are still selling flights out of LGW and MAN for next summer. Should someone tell the CAA?

UFGBOY
22nd Dec 2011, 15:53
Tor Air licence revoked (http://m.travelweekly.co.uk/Article.aspx?cat=news&id=39150)

Cloud1
26th Dec 2011, 17:54
You can still go through the booking process to final payment especially on the LGW routes

babotika
27th Dec 2011, 19:23
Such a shame for the crews - I had the opportunity to meet some of the pilots converting to Airbus last month and they were extremely nice, professional people.

moist
30th Dec 2011, 12:57
The selection below was copied just now off their website:

Return Flight London Gatwick to Faro Prices are per person
Departing From Arriving At Flt # Depart Day Time Adult
London Gatwick Faro OAI191 22-Jul-2012 Sun 06:30 £100.00
London Gatwick Faro OAI191 29-Jul-2012 Sun 06:30 £100.00

Departing From Arriving At Flt # Return Day Time Adult
Faro London Gatwick OAI192 29-Jul-2012 Sun 10:00 £139.00
Faro London Gatwick OAI192 05-Aug-2012 Sun 10:00 £189.00
Faro London Gatwick OAI192 12-Aug-2012 Sun 10:00 £239.00
Total £578.00

captplaystation
30th Dec 2011, 13:11
I'm not in the Uk & long ago forgot how these things work back home, but isn't there someone that one of you UK based guys can report these b@stards to,just in case they are somehow still managing to fleece people for cash for which they will receive diddly squat :mad:

BOAC
30th Dec 2011, 13:17
Go on, Moist, book it - Phil would like your money:)

gflynorw
5th Jan 2012, 18:52
TOR Air is a Swedish Airline with its headquarters in Gothenburg. This winter, the company has operated one aircraft which is currently undergoing heavy maintenance. As a back up, TOR Air has been operating a wet-leased aircraft from an EU carrier to cover its flights during the scheduled maintenance period.
· On December 8th, 2011 (with only a 24 hour notice) the Iraqi Civil Aviation Authority (ICAA) cancelled TOR Air's wet-lease traffic permit which allows it to operate routes between Sweden and Iraq. This was in violation of the bi-lateral agreement between the two countries. Consequently, the airline was left with no other alternative but to suspend flights until further notice. All affected passengers have been fully refunded from the tickets they held.
· TORAir and its stakeholders remain committed to the Iraq and leisure markets in UK and Scandinavia. Planning is in place to re-start operations in March.
‘’ We are currently working to find a solution to what is seen by the Swedish Authorities as an unauthorized withdrawal of our traffic permit. Our company has been affected with these actions and we will seek damages from those responsible. As the Iraqi traffic represented most of our income during the winter months, this decision is safeguarding any further financial exposure. It should be noted that no passengers in the UK will be affected. ’’, said Torbjörn Winsell, CEO of TOR Air.‘’TORAir was encouraged by a very successful operation in the UK market last summer, which performed with good on-time performance. We are totally committed to service our UK contracts again in the summer of 2012 and look forward to further growing TORAir in the UK leisure market. ’’ Torbjörn said

fa2fi
5th Jan 2012, 19:13
I expected them to go just after last summer not to last so long. Not to fear. Another PW airline will be up and ready by this summer. It's the crews and suppliers who will be unpaid I feel for.

A and C
8th Jan 2012, 12:22
I am told that Torair folded without big debts, some might say this was due to the fact that with the previous track record of the management (XL & Viking) no one would give them any credit.

The loss of the Iraq work I feel has the fingerprints of the Greek side of Viking all over it, there were a number of people at the top of Viking Hellas that seemed to have very little aviation talent but were "connected" inside Iraq. To this end I would say that PW & his mates probably got taken for a lot of money, unfortunatly it is the staff who are the real victims of all this double dealing.

Ziggy22
15th Jan 2012, 08:53
Has Tor air gone 100% or is there a chance their license will be renewed as they are still showing up on Olympic Holidays website! :)

BOAC
15th Jan 2012, 10:43
Are they not just a 'ticketing agency' now?

lwaw1uk
15th Jan 2012, 12:31
Tor-air are still show doing Newmarket holiday flights this Summer

jabird
2nd Feb 2012, 06:21
Tor Air website still taking bookings for LGW-FAO, but first date was July.

nigel osborne
2nd Feb 2012, 08:52
Aren't Newmarket the company that regularly advertising flight as "direct" when they are often actually via AMS etc when you later go throught their website ?:=

Nigel

jabird
2nd Feb 2012, 13:32
Aren't Newmarket the company that regularly advertising flight as "direct" when they are often actually via AMS etc when you later go throught their website ?

Sounds like the habit numerous regional airports play of promoting all the destinations you can reach via one of the hubs they feed, instead of direct!

BHX are one of the more consistent offenders - although I suppose the Emirates China stuff on the PM is down to the airline not the airport - and it still beats the screaming baby <end off topic distraction> :=:=:=

sam1993
6th Feb 2012, 14:15
It's looking less and less likely that Tor Air will be resuming operations for the summer as Olympic Holidays have dropped them and removed all Tor Air flights from their website and Tor Air's own site is no longer listing any flights in the booking form. Can't say I'm surprised really...

jabird
6th Feb 2012, 14:59
It's looking less and less likely that Tor Air will be resuming operations

They were trying to offer routes which were already well served by the established players. Obviously Iraq was a whole different ball game, but the last thing we needed was more direct sale flights to Portugal, Geneva or Greece, especially from LGW & MAN!

Chitty
6th Feb 2012, 15:42
thay should fly from airports like humberside or blackpool