PDA

View Full Version : The Sun Millies

wokkamate
20th Dec 2011, 11:31
I can't believe that no one has posted about the Millies (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/4009352/Sun-Military-Awards-They-cried-with-pride.html) on here yet!

Well done to Mike and all the rest of the Guys and Girls doing the job every day!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Courtney Mil
20th Dec 2011, 11:42
Thanks for posting. I wonder if this will trigger a range of responses from our members? I can see this thread going both ways, Wokka. There will those that say it's great to see the troops being recognised, those that say it should be done officially by medals and the lot that say the armed forces don't serve for gongs.

It looks like a good show.

Courtney

P.S. Is Prince William doing a Harry Enfield impersonation there?

500N
20th Dec 2011, 11:47
You couldn't buy PR like that for a million dollars.

Some inspiring people, that's for sure.

Wander00
20th Dec 2011, 13:15
Hope no phones were hacked in the making of this programme.

Seriously though, well done to all, and particularly to those specially recognised

brakedwell
20th Dec 2011, 13:41
Career enhancing exposure for the celebs present :ooh:

jamesdevice
20th Dec 2011, 13:43
and an attempt at reputation enhancing (restoring?) by Murdoch & Co

Finningley Boy
20th Dec 2011, 17:59
I might be out of step here, but I find the whole exercise, I would expect nothing less from the Sun, rather gaudy and somewhat lacking in dignity.

Also, a media/political way of suddenly realising just what the Armed Forces put up with and manage to achieve with ever less resources and manpower. Imagine having the audacity to put something like it together at the height of the IRA offensive.:eek:

FB:)