PDA

View Full Version : Season's Greetings from QANTAS

Beyond tha Threshold
20th Dec 2011, 02:49
I just got my 'personalised' emailed Christmas card from QANTAS today.

If you have a close look with the magnifying glass you can see your name in the Christmas tree. As the names are in alphabetical order mine was somewhere in the middle.

Being the curious type I zoomed at the top of the tree to find not Aaron or Abby but ALAN. Yes Alan comes before everyone else. Coincidence? I think not :eek:

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Beyond.

gobbledock
20th Dec 2011, 03:10
HO HO HO and a very Merry Bonus to me....Now where are my baubles?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1T0WDE7kxtCtg0EhQJ3IrmJMmlyo0yeXIp3QLv1v TueIRYviG

HO HO HO Livvy ??

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcDrV9G9TK02kWbT6QyCKjs_eYnPC8pkR-Lpd7lEx117nvA6oOzQ

HO HO HO LC??

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01444/KimJong-il_1444913c.jpg

A message from the Management Team

Wishing ourselves a very Merry Bonus and may our stockings be stacked full of new years financial incentives!
To all of you who have contributed to our immense salaries, unjustifiable bonuses and who have endured our taunts and threats of redundancies and outsourcing we thank you.
Management look forward to the year ahead and have a new years resolution: 'To lift our share price from it's historical low and turn around the 71% decline in profits'.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN8CLEQK-5Ql3ttZDBp8OIEPhPJs5AoiAlsBn0yjiip5s0KPpOWg

ohallen
20th Dec 2011, 03:22
I get it, today they care.

What about the other 364?
Yep thought so.

Ka.Boom
20th Dec 2011, 03:24
A $40 DJs gift card in recognition of all your hardwork and the roster screw ups

inandout
20th Dec 2011, 05:33
At VA we did get a " little red Book "
And funny enough there in one finds 1 of the 3 big :eek: next year :ok:

Alloyboobtube
20th Dec 2011, 05:48
Funny the Jetstar worms get zilch. Work twice as hard for half as much.

illusion
20th Dec 2011, 06:04
The Fairy On The Christmas TreeFather Christmas was not in a very good frame of mind - in fact he was very depressed.

That morning after breakfast, Mrs Santa had told him that her Mother wasoming over to stay 'for a few days' and he knew that would be for several weeks, and as Christmas was approaching her visit was the last thing that he wanted.

The Elves had neen playing up and had gone on strike for more pay. The replacement elves Santa had put in were much slower and the number of toys that had been made was way down.

Father Christmas went to visit his Reindeers and found that two of them were pregnant and another two had kicked down the fence and had disappeared into the forest. He was by now even more depressed.

What I need is a drink he thought, but upon going indoors he found that the elves had hidden his Whisky and there was nothing left to drink in his liquour cabinet. Deciding upon a coffee he went into the kitchen but managed to drop the Jar of Coffee all over the floor. Now he really was cheesed off!

He went to fetch the broom to sweep up the mess but found that the mice had chewed off all the bristles.

At that moment there was a knock at the front door.

Upon opening it, Father Christmas was confronted by a beautiful Fairy holding a lovely Christmas Tree.

"Good Morning, Santa" he called "Isn't it a really lovely day. I have bought you this beautiful tree, isn't it lovely? Where would you like me to stickit?"

And that is why by tradition we have a Fairy sitting on top of our Christmas Tree.

Fliegenmong
20th Dec 2011, 09:28
Ka.Boom! A $40 DJ's gift card???? You wouldn't get a single serviette for $40 from DJ's!

Hope you enjoy your toothpick:uhoh:.......wishing it's mint flavoured! :\

Jabawocky
20th Dec 2011, 10:41
My staff will see $5-8k this year in bonuses (mid and Xmas)..........

Imagine that at the Rat:}

Jamair
20th Dec 2011, 10:49
Jaba- I answered your phone for you once, does that qualify me as 'Staff'? :E

Qanchor
20th Dec 2011, 10:50
Got my card, all it said was,

"Times are tough, money's hard,
here's your f%Łking christmas card".

Keg
20th Dec 2011, 10:58
Need a 767 driver Jaba? :E :ok:

Capn Bloggs
20th Dec 2011, 13:50
We got a 500gm Christmas pudding...laced with 4% alcohol!! :eek:

I feel a DAMP attack coming on! :}

Oh well, no pudding with my mid-morning cuppa at FL380 on Christmas eve!! :{

RENURPP
20th Dec 2011, 19:02
Who did you get the cake from Bloggs?

Capn Bloggs
20th Dec 2011, 21:09
Who did you get the cake from Bloggs?
The "system"; it appeared in our piggy holes a couple of days ago! Hic! :ok: http://www.smilies.our-local.co.uk/index_files/drunk3.gif

gobbledock
20th Dec 2011, 21:45
I feel a DAMP attack coming on! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif
So does Livvy!

drop bear ten
20th Dec 2011, 23:51
Bloggs,

You are big noting yourself again- Does the B717 got to F380????:p

Capn Bloggs
21st Dec 2011, 00:04
You are big noting yourself again- Does the B717 got to F380????
Getting high (er) on my pudding... :}

brodle
21st Dec 2011, 00:47
JP Morgan, HSBC and National Nominees rank in the top 4 major shareholders
of both QF and DJ.

The $40 voucher isn't for staff, it's to boost falling sales at DJ's.

The Chairman of JP Morgan Australia (also a Director at News Ltd and Rio Tinto) is linked to Qf via aviation and finance.

Following the links and working backwards from self interest allows us to see the
real corporate spirit behind xmas giving.

teresa green
21st Dec 2011, 03:43
We used to have a wonderful trifle in the TAA canteen until they found out it had half a bottle of sherry in it. The engineers were devastated, so were we.

vigi-one
21st Dec 2011, 03:57
Well at QLINK weve got nothing no Xmas Party or card or thank you just more MOV runs.

Captain Dart
21st Dec 2011, 05:36
We at pre-89 Ansett got a Christmas cake in a tin the year before 'World War Three'.

Quite surprising really, since the Fat Man was Jewish...

the rim
21st Dec 2011, 06:48
what devastated that there was only half a bottle in it.....and who had the rest....the rim....maybe the christian bros had it haha

rammel
21st Dec 2011, 06:57
We get a bottle of wine from our manager. He was told to stop one year, and we got chocolates instead. The next year it was back on as he said "F#$% It, it's back". That was year that it came out that upper management were handing out bottles of wine to our customers.

teresa green
21st Dec 2011, 11:33
It was very disappointing Rim, the Xmas trifle tasted bloody good, in fact some went back for seconds or even thirds, they had it on the menu for the whole Xmas week, until...........some smart bastard worked out it had alcohol in it, quite a lot of alcohol in fact, the engineers had cottoned on to it early in the piece, but of course nothing was said. I thought it just had some artificial stuff in it until one of my F/Os bending over towards me with some paper work and talking to me at the same time, I realised I could smell alcohol. Knowing this bloke like I do, I knew there was no way he would come to work after having a drink, sure enough he had had grabbed a quick bite to eat on the way to the aircraft, including the trifle. Of course it was only a minuscule amount, but it disappeared very quickly off the menu, never to be seen again.

QF94
23rd Dec 2011, 03:22
A $40 DJs gift card in recognition of all your hardwork and the roster screw ups

Wow! We got a QANTAS Engineering pen with a 1Gb USB drive. This is so we can keep certifying aircraft and electronically enter tech logs.

We all have a job to do. We do the job because it's what we want to do and for the company we want to do it for. Board members come and go, but many of us have survived them before, and we will survive this lot.

Anyway all. Another year over, Christmas is almost upon us, and luckily I'm off. To those working over the Christmas period, have a great one, keep your heads up and don't let the dirty dozen on the QF board get under your skin.

Have a great Christmas and see you again in 2012!

the rim
23rd Dec 2011, 03:37
cannot wait to get back to work tomorrow and get my "pen"...wonder what AJ got for christmas...bet it wasent a pen but most prob about the same size and you cannot write with it....as QF94 said we do the job that we want to do and are proud to do it.......happy hols to all......the rim.....well maybe not all,am sure you know who I mean..:E

TIMA9X
24th Dec 2011, 04:12
as QF94 said we do the job that we want to do and are proud to do itAnd you all have a lot to be proud of.... as families get together for Christmas tomorrow, spare a thought for the operational people, pilots, CC's and ground staff keeping the show on the road throughout the festive season. (as usual.)

Merry Christmas to you all... and thanks...

v0RFR89iNc8

:)

midas
24th Dec 2011, 08:28
Great video TIMA9X,

It's a pity that those smarter than us don't recognize the skill and experience that is utilized in the air and on the ground in these conditions which allows this great airline to operate day after day.

Merry Christmas to all, especially those working.

A message for the Rim, told you I was not 'Butt monkey'.

Cheers to all

SimonBl
24th Dec 2011, 22:08
Absolutely great video, TIMA9X - pity it couldn't be seen on the box, in prime time.

TIMA9X
24th Dec 2011, 23:48
pity it couldn't be seen on the box, in prime time.
My thoughts when I first saw the footage..... I stress, the video is not all my doing, far from it, it was a collection of efforts from some very talented people...

teresa green
25th Dec 2011, 07:58
Excellent video, nothing quite makes up for missing out on on Xmas with the kids, (then again the sticky little fingers, 0430 wakings, and broken toys accompanied by the usual crying makes you wish you were in HNL for a brief moment only) so thanks for posting it, and a happy Xmas to all pilots, engineers, CC and ground staff who are rostered on today, we all know the feeling, but we all survive it. Have a great one when you get home to the family.

1a sound asleep
27th Dec 2011, 08:13
Uncle AL and his Hubby off to the home land for holiday season. Apparently its better on BA to LHR - or maybe just safer?

watch your6
27th Dec 2011, 08:29
Which homeland?
Al is Irish and hubby is a Kiwi
Oh Sorry BA dont fly across the ditch......yet
You are right its probably safer.
AJ doesn't know where his food may originate

QF94
27th Dec 2011, 08:37
Apparently its better on BA to LHR - or maybe just safer?

Nah! He doesn't deserve to fly on and is just not worthy of flying on a QANTAS plane. Hopefully it's a one-way ticket. Maybe St Patrick will let this snake back in Ireland.

Cactusjack
29th Dec 2011, 13:38
Perhaps Al and Hubby have gone home to kiss the Blarney Stone?
I hope he doesnt get in the ear of the BA CEO and encourage him to shut down the airline? And while he is away who is looking after his poodles if he and all his lapdogs are on leave? What if those naughty union people threaten to harm his poodles, will the Feds step in again?

Anyway, I personally hope that he and his husband have had a truly shi#ty Xmas. He deserves nothing more to be sure.

teresa green
30th Dec 2011, 10:20
The bloke has a Husband? And poodles? Eh, have I missed something here? You mean he does not have a missus and a mutt? Um, well, perhaps I should leave it there, right.

normanton
30th Dec 2011, 10:27
Fantastic video :ok:

QF94
30th Dec 2011, 11:27
The bloke has a Husband? And poodles? Eh, have I missed something here? You mean he does not have a missus and a mutt? Um, well, perhaps I should leave it there, right.

He is the missus!

gobbledock
30th Dec 2011, 11:35
Yes indeed he is the missus.
But it's a happy union. Candelit dinners, romantic walks, talk of adopting children, walking the poodles, recounting stories from the boardroom
or the aircrafts back galley, holidays to Thailand and jogging along Bondi beach and giggling like schoolboys when a speedo's wearing lifeguard minces by......
Aagh yes, he certainly has a 'soft side' to be sure.