PDA

View Full Version : 15 JP Course RAF Church Fenton 1966

highcirrus
19th Dec 2011, 16:42
Following the lead set by the 13 JP Course thread, do any of my 15 JP Course colleagues out there have a course photograph they can post (the intervening years have “disappeared” mine)?

I recall that the Course was split on alphabetical lines between two Squadrons and that Boss Bill Waite and his 1 Squadron instructors had the unenviable task of inculcating knowledge and skill to what I’m sure they regarded as a largely unprepossessing bunch whose surnames featured in the A-M band!

Instructor names I have in my logbook are, Sqn Ldr: Waite. Flt Lt: Slater, Lovett, Maunsell-Thomas, Butler, Larcombe, Peters, Found, Mills, Paley, Wooler, Kingsley, Boyle, Robinson, Knight. Master Pilot: Good, Watson.

Great times flying the JP before moving on to the Gnat and a wonderful introduction to the RAF. Pity I was too dumb at the time to figure out how lucky I was.

Herod
19th Dec 2011, 19:50
That's the trouble with the good times; we don't appreciate them enough until they're gone. I did the JP course at Syerston '65 - '66. With what I know of life now, I would enjoy that course even more. "Youth is too precious to be wasted on the young"