PDA

View Full Version : Former AA CEO

Fliegenmong
19th Dec 2011, 10:51
Ladies & Gentlemen....Mr Gerard Arpey.....

msnbc.com Video Player (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/45607768)

........Whaddya say??....:D

MonsterC01
19th Dec 2011, 14:26
Very much a man cut from the same cloth as the Japan Airlines CEO. Who pays himself less than his pilots ( with no stock options ) and catches the bus to work. Unfortunately these two men are the exception to the rule. They highlight the kind of intestinal fortitude and integrity that is sadly missing from today's corporate officers.

I remember when i was training to become an officer in the army, one of my instructors saying the following.

"if you think you've signed up for a life of privilege and ease, think again! if you want others to follow you, you'll be first awake, last to bed, last to eat and the first to go without. Soldiers will give about 80% of the effort they see you giving. This is the price that comes with the privilege of leadership!

These words have held true and stayed with me ever since then. Even today I still try to live by this maxim.

It's a shame we can't draft our political and corporate heads into the Army.

gobbledock
19th Dec 2011, 21:25
Well I'll be damned! An airline CEO who still has his moral compass? An airline CEO who has not yet checked in to 'Cloud Cuckoo Land?
Interesting also how the workers wore the pineapple in 2003 to keep the airline alive, yet 8 years later oh how memories are short and the executives want to deliver workers a giant pineapple as a reward for their previous good work and sacrifice?
If this story is true then Arpey deserves a medal :D
He would also be more than welcome to join QF and replace the commanders at Stalag 13.

MonsterC01,
It's a shame we can't draft our political and corporate heads into the Army. Would that help? I know of one fat, bloated former General who has parked himself at an airlines trough in the role of a Board Member pig, seems loyalty to the masses is eagerly abandoned at the right price.

Willie Nelson
19th Dec 2011, 22:44
Best of Luck to all current and former AA employees including mr Arpey. If I was on the board of directors you would be one of my first considerations for new CEO's. Well done.

20th Dec 2011, 04:02
Oh that all had the integrity of this man!

bandit2
20th Dec 2011, 06:06
An honourable CEO indeed! You don't mind paying these blokes millions. At least they lead by example.
What's the chance of AJ leading by example? Wonder if he'd move to Australia.

Fliegenmong
20th Dec 2011, 09:18
I'm almost certain Mr Arpey would do a stint in Aust.. :)

...but I don't reckon Mr L Clifford, Macquarie Bank, Mr Cosgrove, Mr Bow Tie and many others would approve :=:=:=:=

No not at all!, the ownership of a Moral Compass whilst navigating ones way around Mascot is frowned upon....very much so.........

stubby jumbo
20th Dec 2011, 09:40
Quick.......sign this bloke up as CEO of QF....... NOW !!!!!

Punt the Leprechaun........please

How refreshing to hear this profile of a person who values his staff at ALL levels.......AND .....NOT to take a "pay out":eek::eek:

But as been stated earlier..........there's more chance of Santa squeezing down your chimney than this scenario ever happening.:{

Why can't we seem to crack a decent Leader with values.... and who actually care for their people ?

Strong, BB, Dixon and Joyce :yuk: These clowns make Kim Jiong Il look like a "top bloke" in comparison.

TowerDog
20th Dec 2011, 10:23
No...

This guy doled out hundreds of millions of bonuses to himself and the other empty suits after the pilots agreed to a a 23% paycut in 2003 to keep AA out of BK.

He got no golden parachute as the stock was worthless after he ran the company into the ground. :sad:

viking767
20th Dec 2011, 12:48
That pretty much sums it up , Tower Dog!