PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor of Aviation Management

NzCaptainAndrew
18th Dec 2011, 22:21
Gdday guys,

Just wondering if anyone has completed or finished a degree in aviation that is similar of the one I'm looking at. I Graduated early this year with a CPL/MEIR and now looking for a way to get a aviation relevant degree. This one offered by Massey:
Bachelor of Aviation Management (BAvMan) - 2012 - Massey University (http://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/learning/programme-course-paper/programme.cfm?prog_id=93295)

Is a 3 year course designed for those who already have obtained a CPL or have previous experience in the industry who wish to obtain a degree,

Does anyone have experience with this course or any other courses that a similar?

Any comments, suggestions, critique is welcome.

Jack Ranga
18th Dec 2011, 23:37
Years and years and years ago I was doing the BAv (distance) through Universtiy of Western Sydney. From holding an ATC licence, CPL, ME-CIR and Instructor Rating I got 180 credits RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) for a 240 credit degree. That required 6 subjects to obtain the degree in the Human Factors stream. They did have a management stream as well.

It was flexible learning and those subjects could be knocked over without too much difficulty. The biggest problem I struck was writing in the required academic 'style' with the proper referencing and acknowledgement. You can do short courses on getting this up to scratch.

4Greens
19th Dec 2011, 19:56
Check out the University of New South Wales website. They cover all these courses and there is opportunity for distance learning.