PDA

View Full Version : Skype problem Please urgent help.

Loose rivets
18th Dec 2011, 17:38
One day of packing left and I've lost all my Skype contacts. I daren't reload cos my only landline is via skype and the numbers are still in that. Phew!

I was on a Skype (not the phone) call this morning and a pal buzzed in. I answered it, but when I went back to the original pal, there seemed to be no way to get him. I recalled.

I think the system thinks I'm on a conference call. One quick message seemed to imply this.

I have spent a desperately needed 90 mins rebooting, signing out and resetting passwords etc. Everything but reinstalling.

It's so odd, I see one person, but not the test lady. The phone works, but I urgently need to talk to wife in Texas about handing this flat over to the owners.

Any ideas how to kill a hidden half of an unwanted conference call?

MarcJF
18th Dec 2011, 19:40
When I've had Skype problems a reinstall has always fixed them. it's only a small program so does not take too long. Good luck.

Loose rivets
18th Dec 2011, 22:18
yes, but I don't dare losing my landline numbers. If I make a backup file of those, then I'll definitely lose the mystery skype links.

Thinking laterally. If the test lady had bust, and all of my contacts were off line by coincidence, (that would be a first) then that would explain everything but for one pal that couldn't see my mini picture. Long odds.

If I try to reinstate individuals, it tells me they are already there -but it gives me the chance at that time to call them, and it works!

Keef
18th Dec 2011, 22:48
Your Skype details are held on the Skype server. Logging out and in again should fix it.

Loose rivets
19th Dec 2011, 08:32
I wondered if they were at headquarters. However, there's a file .??? that is a backup. No, I hadn't made it till too late.:uhoh:

I did log out even reset the password. Things are looking oddly half way repaired, but still no sign of the test lady with the chirpy voice. I use her a lot to test my 'through 4 walls' signal strength.