PDA

View Full Version : Radio Aids & Inst - ATPL Orals

doubleactionjack
18th Dec 2011, 16:33
Guidance needed on how to prepare for the , Radio Aids - Oral.

Please share any Questions that you guys may have come across in the past.

Also what topics do we need to concentrate on ?

planeboy_777
19th Dec 2011, 02:55
''Maintaining 1 dot below the glide slope where the hell will you touch down?''

this is one of the most common question asked.
weather its nav or radio aids they ask you basic Questions on ASI VSI etc etc
and 80% jepp questions(including definitions).......

doubleactionjack
19th Dec 2011, 05:07
Woah !!! Will see if i can get a substantial answer to that question :confused:

Will try to be prepared on almost every topic then :eek:

doubleactionjack
19th Dec 2011, 09:59
Come on Capts, Please post a couple of questions..

168 Views and only one reply till date :eek:

sonsal
19th Dec 2011, 11:26
To a CPL holder without any job, they ask basic questions like VOR, NDB, FM, AM, GPWS, GPS, SSR, TCAS etc etc.
There is nothing fixed and its totally on their mood what they want to ask.
Just study all the topics. You have cleared the written, it should not be difficult to study all of it.
Anyhow the guys are good there, they wont be expecting you to know all the airline operations. Normal stuff. However air nav orals is a bit tougher than Radio one.
Good luck.

hawaijahaj
20th Dec 2011, 07:14
Im also giving both Navigation and Radio Aids orals....plz shed some light on the type of questions asked!!
Thanks in Advance

doubleactionjack
20th Dec 2011, 09:20
@sonsal - Thanks buddy ! :)

If you could post some of the questions you encountered. it would be really helpful..

Bet they are going to be asking pretty tricky questions,Like the one above :ugh:

gAMbl3
23rd Dec 2011, 10:27
Tentative date?

doubleactionjack
23rd Dec 2011, 13:05
Dates are out just today, 2nd Jan to 11th Jan

doubleactionjack
23rd Dec 2011, 13:08
Any Insights on what to expect ?

addy1847
23rd Dec 2011, 14:10
Sorry guys for interrupting the flow, require suggestion, i appeared for atpl exams-Nav, Radio, met in June 2011 session, cleared nav and met, but couldn't crack the nav interview, so for oct 2011 session, together with radio written i applied for nav interview 2nd attempt. luckily got through radio written this time, but as the interview dates are out, i have only been called for Radio interview, what should i do, as i am pretty sure they won't answer me on phone, or reply to my mails, should i go to R K puram office, would that help

doubleactionjack
24th Dec 2011, 07:05
Yep, If your in Delhi, Its always better to pay a visit to the R.K Puram Office.

Since there is ample time, Am sure they should sort it out. :ok:

hawaijahaj
25th Dec 2011, 04:43
@ADDY : Absolutely same case with me!!

addy1847
25th Dec 2011, 06:45
so did you figure out, what to do. i probably would be going to dgca r k puram tomorrow

alpha_victor_romeo
12th Mar 2013, 18:12
Anybody kind enough to share their ATPL Oral Experience as this thread could be used for everyone's reference preparing for ATPL Orals

Thanks

AVR

Prop.Time
13th Mar 2013, 08:48
Anybody kind enough to share their ATPL Oral Experience as this thread could be used for everyone's reference preparing for ATPL Orals

Thanks

AVR
AVR, I thought of that ages ago and made this -
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/471764-dgca-atpl-oral-qbank.html
Take 5 mins, use the search function, make sure you go through the South Asia and Far East Wanabees Forum before you post a new query. The Mods have blessed us with a new Forum, lets not pollute the old one anymore.