PDA

View Full Version : One of these small but annoying...

Rossian
18th Dec 2011, 12:41
....problems which SWMBO presents me with and expects ME to sort out.

She can't find "Recycle Bin".
"Type it into search, bottom left corner" sez I.
"Done that - nothin, nad, zilch"
"Why does it matter? I've noticed that when one deletes something it asks if you really want it to go the recycle bin. It works, what's the problem?"
"I think I inadvertently dumped something in there that I really want to keep. Now I can't check it"

"Aaaaaah???"

I can't find it either. Any ideas anyone. Pretty please.

The Ancient Mariner

CharlieOneSix
18th Dec 2011, 12:52
In Windows 7 - don't know about any others - it is:

Click on "Start", then "Control Panel". Select "Appearance and Personalisation", then "Personalisation", then "Change Desktop Icons" (in left hand panel). Tick "Recycle Bin" then "OK".

gas path
18th Dec 2011, 12:58
Windows 7
Right click desktop
Click 'personalise'
Click 'change desktop icons'
Make sure the recycle bin box is ticked.
Click 'apply' and 'ok'.
I think it's similar for XP
As for Vista you probably need a doll of Bill Gates and some pins:suspect:

Rossian
18th Dec 2011, 13:46
...has been found, is now on desktop and DID contain something that needed keeping.

Thank you both.

The Ancient Mariner

And yes it is Vista. What is really irritating is that when one types "recycle bin" into the search window it says "nothing found"and yet it IS there so why the hell does it not find it??

GrumpyOldFart
20th Dec 2011, 00:43
so why the hell does it not find it??

Try searching for "recycle*" (without the quotes) and it should find a file named Recycler.

Rossian
20th Dec 2011, 15:16
....interesting point. However comma when I did it it came up with a PDF of Nigel Slaters recipes and the name of the web admin chap at the local "Freecycle" group.

Nowt else. I did say it was Vista didn't I?

The Ancient Mariner

green granite
20th Dec 2011, 15:49
I confuse the hell out of SWMBO by hiding the recycle bin under the clock, cos I like an uncluttered desktop. :E