PDA

View Full Version : New Oman Air CEO. Post your rumours here!

wapses
16th Dec 2011, 17:05
The latest name is Wayne Pearce, an Australian, former Head of Strategy at EY. Previously Qantas Country Manager UK and MD of UK travel company, Gold Medal.

Other names mentioned:
Peter Foster, CEO Air Astana
Former CEO of Monarch

kotakota
16th Dec 2011, 18:03
What is the point ? Oh yes , the small matter of nearly 50k UK , per month that is , a big welcome speech to the crew , the usual ' I want to meet you every month and talk ' then the khanzu brigade gag him , remind him of his bank balance , and back to normal .God , I wish I had the bull to get one of the top jobs in Omanair , made for life . Sadly , most of the expat managers were useless before they got the nod with Omanair , Peter Hill was not , but he still took the shilling and shut his mouth . Some things will never change . Pensions are everything .

CRUIZE
16th Dec 2011, 21:50
As ussually sh.........te we heard it before every new CEO join the company, first thing he says in three years will make profit, and then what happens? James Hogan did in GF, Peter hill did In Wy when he joined, same way of sweet talk and then what? Jump ship live happilly there after
The next one is no different the same Sh........te different day, One has to understand the interest of the comes first, even if the company run to the ground .
The only guy can keep secret is a foreigner and his boss . 24 hrls out the country and live happilly their after.
Oman air will never expand, so many cr........ks who knows nothing about running an airline and these are the decision maker, bleeds the company to the max.
Maximum they will have 35 to 40 aircraft by 2019 and this will be mix of four to five types of aircraft and the company will not make any profit till a radical changes , fire everyone and start from scratch .
I dont see the profit in Oman Air at all, read the profit and lost from 2008 till now Its all LOST, Prediction for the next five years you can guess yourself. its all red
Its bad and going to worse.
The rest is all yours:mad:

dac787
17th Dec 2011, 09:28
Simple rule at any places...

Take it or leave it...

Tired listening complain but still keep the job...

Farrell
17th Dec 2011, 15:52
It's me :)

kotakota
17th Dec 2011, 16:02
Now that is scary , how could you tear yourself away from selecting hosties to pay attention ? Still , prob could do no worse than the incumbents....

Farrell
17th Dec 2011, 17:02
I'd be a very good CEO of Oman Air, thank you very much! :)

Hosties? Moi? I'm the one who is always on his best behaviour! :P
My layovers are more boring than Mass :)

Bring back Turbo and let him run the show!

ENFP
18th Dec 2011, 02:11
Isn't it beyond the bounds of this site to start naming (with real names) folks that may or may not be taking up an appointment? It's just wrong, if you want to do it then why not post on here with your own real name and current appointment so people can take a shot or two at you also. The amount of bitching and moaning from pilots on here can be shocking at times.

If the people you moan about are such wasters who could not run a company if they tried, then why not get off your fat asses and apply for the jobs yourselves. Realtime personal feedback on a public forum (used anonymously by the contributors), on people who have done nothing to ask for it other than apply for a job is school-groundish behaviour at best and personally destructive for the individual concerned at worst. How about getting some use in on that delete function wapses?

kotakota
18th Dec 2011, 05:13
ENFP -still trying to work out your motives for saying the above . Meanwhile I put it to you that when us pilots are recruited by said airline , we are tested and trained , and expected to perform safely and diligently , which I am proud to say I did when employed . Is it too much for us to ask that the same professional diligence be expected from our ' leaders ' , who get paid 10 times as much as we were , I kid you not , appear to have qualifications to manage an airline , which us mere drivers do not pretend to have , and not feel let down ? I do not cal this moaning .
It is pointless asking us to apply for the jobs . The managers cannot apply for our jobs - they are not qualified . Simples.

ENFP
18th Dec 2011, 06:51
kotakota

My motives are simple, I do not believe it is correct to discuss the real names of individuals on this site, particularly when nobody has actually received an appointment yet and importantly when the posters choose to hide under anonymity, it is plain wrong. If people want to discuss others in their airline using real names then it should either be done on a private airline forum or you should use your own real name when posting. Aviation is a small world and some people for their own reasons have very biased sometimes hateful opinions of others, which generally are unfounded. Spreading such rumours can be extremely damaging to the person being victimised under their real name. At the end of the day, sh*t sticks, so if you want to spread the sh*t then at least have the balls to use your own name. That's all I am saying.

As to your other points, if you are not qualified to do the Management jobs, then don't moan about them. I doubt a Pilot would take kindly to a a mechanic or member of administration voicing their opinions that they believe the Pilots to be unprofessional. At the end of the day it is down to using the real names I guess, that is the bit I find wrong. Also remember that our perceptions of what is required from Management (or any job other than our own) may differ greatly from what is actually demanded of them by the board, and truth be known if most of us on here were in receipt of 50K sterling a month and a pension that promised to take care of you and your family for life then most of us would wind our necks in when the board told us to do so.

I guess I just agree with dac787, tired of hearing it all. If you believe Management are unsafe then shop them, but then again we wind our necks in just like they do, so that we can keep our jobs.

CRUIZE
20th Dec 2011, 19:33
ENFP and JAZZ,
And you don't even have to look as far as the Mid East to find them.
This shows your true colours about your knowledge of the company, the company loosing millions per day and you two deffending away from the truth. my advise to you two is think before you verbal dhierrea.
kota enjoy the dawa dawa,we still donking around .

runway in use
20th Dec 2011, 23:33
heard the PH has already left the company, his last day of work was few days back!!!!

if thats true, then is it possible that he left with no goodbye email??!! not that he did good, but just to let everyone know that he is leaving. or maybe he got fired with immediate effect!

Landflap
21st Dec 2011, 09:32
Real problem, throughout the Mid East, probably, is that whoever moves into the post will find out very quickly that insufficient room will be given to manouvre. The frustrations for a new CEO who cannot impliment much needed change will be seen by one roll over after another.

latetonite
21st Dec 2011, 11:09
Who is the "PH"?

ENFP
21st Dec 2011, 11:43
Who is the "PH"?

But isn't the point on an anonymous forum where the subject is not around to answer for themselves that if you don't know the name then you don't need to know. There is always the PM function.

udachi moya
21st Dec 2011, 19:18
I agree with ENFP, no need to name names, very unprofessional and very unnecessary. By dropping names into any rumour, however unsubstantiated as this is, serious denigrates the individual and seriously jeopardises their current position.

I would strongly recommend removal of any names WAPSES

wapses
22nd Dec 2011, 08:11
There is no rule that I am aware of about not posting names.

This is a "rumour" network. I have posted some rumours.

ENFP
22nd Dec 2011, 10:36
There is no rule that I am aware of about not posting names.

This is a "rumour" network. I have posted some rumours.

Well apart from it being both common courtesy and decency, I suggest you and those that agree with you are very careful. The law is explicitly clear that if you post something that defames an individual on a forum, rumour or not then litigation is likely to come down on you very hard indeed. The first thing the named persons lawyer will do is write to internet brands demanding the real names, IP addresses and any other stored information on the members who have participated in remarks of a slanderous or defamatory nature. Internet Brands will hand over that information in a heart beat otherwise they become complicit also. Normally within 4-8 working days from that point on your full name, postal address and employer is known to the subject and his/her legal team. In all the cases so far the fines have been severe. So with that fair warning, continue and enjoy your rumours and muck speading :ok:

udachi moya
22nd Dec 2011, 10:55
Perhaps I should post your name against all the posts in here, see if you are still in a job at the end of the year...

latetonite
22nd Dec 2011, 21:59
ENFP, I see you are cut and mold for the Middle East.
So who is "MH" now?
Without revealing his holy name, does he have a function I am aware of? A look I am familiar with? Does he speak Arabic, Indian, Swahili? Can he fly planes ? Is he maintaining his position thanks to his superb education in the field of aviation? The Average General Flying Public of Oman Air wants to know!
After all, the forum is public, and not for insiders only.

ENFP
23rd Dec 2011, 06:09
ENFP, I see you are cut and mold for the Middle East.
So who is "MH" now?
Without revealing his holy name, does he have a function I am aware of? A look I am familiar with? Does he speak Arabic, Indian, Swahili? Can he fly planes ? Is he maintaining his position thanks to his superb education in the field of aviation? The Average General Flying Public of Oman Air wants to know!
After all, the forum is public, and not for insiders only.

How funny!

So because I dislike cowards hiding behind pseudonyms whilst they write about other people disclosing real names then that makes me 'cut and mold' for the middle east.The private and professional lives of other people are NOT for public consideration, if you think they are then carry on, but beware the warning I issued above. A man earning 50K US a month will likely not hesitate to front up 10K US to a lawyer to pursue a case of defamation yielding a nice 1000 0r 2000 % return on investment. Now I have done nothing to you to earn your vitriol so how about you back off. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

By the way, I have no idea who 'MH' is therefore I don't need to know...get it!

Landflap
23rd Dec 2011, 10:26
Lateonite, best to leave EFNP alone. He is inches away from self-imploding. We already have the Pprune Police, Pprune Editors & hundreds of pompous, self righteous, left wing PC chaps (no, it does not mean Personal computers ) who have nothing to contribute but to take a swipe at colleagues. Actually, many are not Professional pilots at all but Trollers. In the Uk , they normally identify themselves by signing off, YHBT. Lots of frustrations are vented here and it is worthy of pity if these people really are pilots. Violent mood swings is one of those areas that we (I am a Selection Pilot) try to look for by carefully worded questions. EFNP might even be a Mod. His advice is reasonable (but badly presented). One only has to look at the deafening silence displayed by Teahid pilots & the non response by Mods to questions regarding the preservation of anonimity. But, EFNP will be happy to have pulled us off thread. Now, I have control..........back to the CEO of Omanair. Perhaps EFNP can tell us what does EFNP stand for, oh, and, CEO, PC, PH,.............doesnt't really matter a damn as Piers Morgan will testify. Oh no, I said Piers Morgan, I meant.PM ! Geees, lighten up shipmate !

wapses
26th Dec 2011, 21:10
And how exactly is suggesting that someone is being considered for a CEO job defamation???

kotakota
27th Dec 2011, 05:08
Look , lets get away from becoming a Lawyers Rumour Network and back to what it should be .
With regards to Omanair , past and future incumbents of high office who no doubt have enjoyed success elsewhere soon find out that at least one of their hands is tied behind their back , if not both ! The resistance to change / improvement is all-encompassing and feels very strange to expats who think they are hired to bring fresh ideas to the table .The frustration factor is huge .

Landflap
27th Dec 2011, 08:44
Kotakota, well said. I think I said much the same, earlier. A for expats. I agree wholeheartedly. Airlines could and should make it clear at the selection stage. SIA did for me. At the Board , final interview, I was told that I could expect an offer of employment upon my return home. I was also told " Look, do us a favour. We would like you to come here & fly our planes. We do not want you hanging around the Offices on your days off. We do not want you offering us help in the Training Dept. We do not want you coming into the Offices and telling us how you can help improve things". I was tempted to reply..." Wow, anything else ?". But I actually liked the honesty. Omanair should do the same. If I had ANY talent for the CEO job, I would apply. Having my hands tied, towing someone elses line for 50k a month........sounds good. Safe & happy new year everyone.

Icarus
3rd Jan 2012, 13:12
Seems like the first poster got this one right then!

Arabian Aerospace - Etihad's Wayne Pearce to be named head of Oman Air (http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/etihad-s-wayne-pearce-to-be-named-head-of-oman-air.html)

keep_smiling
7th Jan 2012, 13:45
***** Muscat, Jan 7 (ONA)- The Board of Directors of Oman Air has officially announced the appointment of Wayne Pearce as the Chief Executive Officer in place of Ex Oman Air CEO* Peter Hill.*

***** Announcing the appointment, Oman Air's Chairman, Darwish bin Ismaiel al-Balushi, Board Chairman the Oman Air said: ". We are confident that his experience and expertise will enable the airline to reach even greater heights of excellence and confirm it as one of the leading airlines in the region and beyond."**

**** On his part Pearce said "I am delighted to be taking up this important role as Chief Executive Officer of Oman Air. I look forward to helping the company both prosper and grow, as well as playing a strong role in the development of Oman's travel and tourism industry.*

**** He pointed out that Oman Air has achieved enormous progress in recent years and has emerged as one of the world's leading luxury airlines. It will be a pleasure to work with Oman Air's Board of Directors and talented and committed staff of the company to build on that position and ensure that Oman Air is recognised as the world-class carrier of choice for travel to and from Oman.

**** Pearce joins Oman Air after he held several senior executive positions in Qantas and other airlines in the region.* Pearce worked also for the Gold Medal Travel in the UK.*

----Ends/ MS/FS*

left_to_first_class
7th Jan 2012, 20:47
Heard that his tenure at EY as Chief Strategy and Planning Officer was a complete failure with lots of drama and tantrums inbetween. Even Hogan realised this and gently shunted him out.