PDA

View Full Version : China Southern - Sigma Aviation

RV6
16th Dec 2011, 10:19
DEC B777 interviews - anyone been through the process and willing to pass on some info about the process? Have received conflicting info about whether these are genuine job offers.

Any information welcome - here or via PM.

Thanks

B737NG
17th Dec 2011, 08:43
Hello, I´ve got the same offer thru another agent and I am also suspicious if they are all honest. In the case of Air China they come up with Foreign Pilots can also fly domestic now. The basing was offered first and withdrawn later in the conversation after I inquired again. It lookes like a Far East scam scheme. Hook you up and then tie you down like a slave in the old days. The Agent then has his share and won´t look after you. Maybe PARC with his Man in Beijing is able to listen to your pain but would be unable to achieve a sincere result.

The mentality there is have the contract signed first and the changes come AFTER you startet working. It is not the same mentality like the round eyes long nosed occupants of the Globe: We negotiate to the bones and bring it to paper, then we sign and honour the written consent to the bone.

I wish I could give you a more bright prospective view but after dealing more then 10 Years in Asia I am more cautious then too optimistic. I have also just read here a Thread recently about China´s Aviation here in PPRUNE and it stated a even worse expirience then what we had between 2000 and 2011.

Except you get it secured and can accept part of the compensation as pain relief I would see the salary as average and not as high. 14.000 USD for a B777 Skipper is not that high compared what you have to do daily when away from home.

assanick
19th Dec 2011, 00:55
Hello,

The job offer is legit!
The processes are basic like medical, CAAC ATP, SIM.

de facto
19th Dec 2011, 03:00
The mentality there is have the contract signed first and the changes come AFTER you startet working. It is not the same mentality like the round eyes long nosed occupants of the Globe: We negotiate to the bones and bring it to paper, then we sign and honour the written consent to the bone.
And the grass is always greener on the other side...i got ripped off by those round eyes long nosed people as you call them....the flat eyes,flat nose so far gave me EXACTLY what i signed for plus unwritten extras....plus 2pay rise,3rd on the way.
It depends who you work for in whatever region of the world...

the grove
19th Dec 2011, 08:17
Prospective applicants would be wise to ignore the nonsense in the previous post. The Chinese view a contract differently than other cultures. That is a fact.

Akali Dal
19th Dec 2011, 18:44
The mentality there is have the contract signed first and the changes come AFTER you startet working. It is not the same mentality like the round eyes long nosed occupants of the Globe: We negotiate to the bones and bring it to paper, then we sign and honour the written consent to the bone
Pinnochios?

Those scams exist anywhere; problem with China is their legal system sucks, so it is hard for the aggrieved party to get any proper redress if any deal turns sour.