PDA

View Full Version : UK to Bozeman Montana

WorkingHard
16th Dec 2011, 07:16
Please forgive if this is in the wrong forum. I have my son going to Bozeman for 6 months in less than 3 weeks and would appreciate any feed back on which airline and route to use. He is 6ft 3 inches tall and so leg room for a long journey is desireable. Any help please anyone?

many thanks

:)

poina
16th Dec 2011, 11:30
I suggest Delta AMS-MSP-BZN, if you want a little more room book economy plus for about 50$ more.
I normally go to Billings, but find it easier to take Alitalia thru Chicago as I'm in Tunis.

jackieofalltrades
16th Dec 2011, 11:45
Agree with poina's advice. It's a bit of a zig-zag route from the UK, but connecting in Schipol and MSP are very straightforward and easy to do.

WHBM
16th Dec 2011, 14:36
The northern tier states like Montana were always Northwest Airlines' home territory, served through Minneapolis, and now they are merged with Delta the same routing still applies. Delta go to Minneapolis from London Heathrow as well as Amsterdam (not apparent where you are starting from in the UK).

PAXboy
16th Dec 2011, 16:25
Indeed, starting point is key. There are several connections from Denver and also from Seattle.

Another factor would be if you are planning on collecting/redeeming FFMs from any particular group.

The one certainty is that Bozeman is in the middle of (a very pretty) nowhere!

Hartington
17th Dec 2011, 02:07
The only way to guarantee leg room is pay for it!

I like flying but I am inclined to minimise my exposure to take off and landing so going via Amsterdam and Minneapolis is something I would avoid if I can simply go via Minneapolis. As others have said that means Delta. The alternative is BA (or UA but they seem to have stopped non stops again) to Denver and then UA onwards.