PDA

View Full Version : EK issue - trips.net v fabs2

EK773ER
16th Dec 2011, 02:51
morning/afternoon/evening!

anyone know why there are sometimes load discrepancies between trips.net and fabs2?

i am quite sure that when there are differences in load figures then trips.net is the more reliable info....but seeing as fabs2 is updated almost instantaneously, then there should not be any difference.....

shed any light anyone please?

Praise Jebus
16th Dec 2011, 03:18
Firstly for the other ME forum readers this is an EK question

One reason is that FABS2, just like the online check-in numbers, does not always (ever?) include transit pax. It's numbers are good at the flights origin, say DXB but if for example you check the loads SYD to DXB on the 413 it does not include those in transit from AKL and you have no way of knowing that number with FABS2. The best bet is Apollo for a transit station, it's on the FOIP.

As for the TripsNet figures being reliable, ha ha ha ....

BigGeordie
16th Dec 2011, 07:50
I understand that the Trips figures are only updated once a day and FABS is updated almost minute by minute so FABS should be more accurate, especially on the day of departure.

kennedy
16th Dec 2011, 09:16
Has anyone got the link for fabs2, it dropped off my iPad/iPhone when I updated to IOS5!

bidabon
16th Dec 2011, 13:52
You are right BigGeordie.

The trips is only updated once a day at midnight, where the FABS gives you real time infos.
That's from the guys in charge.
Cheers

revertedrubber
6th Nov 2012, 16:45
Looking for the link for the download for FABS2, anyone know, thanks

falconeasydriver
6th Nov 2012, 16:53
Thread drift here, sooooo now we have this deal with the Orange gang, anyone know if we can interline on them? :}

Vrille
6th Nov 2012, 17:29
Not a clue on what's being discussed here! Can a mod move the thread to the
EK section? Thank you

three eighty
7th Nov 2012, 02:17
Trips is based on historical data and predictions.
FABS is real time.
www.spring.emirates.com

Kittty125
7th Nov 2012, 04:39
Easy Vrille; not everyone is a member of the private forum. There are plenty of airline specific threads on PP - if you don't understand this one then move on! Simples...

PPRuNeUser0215
7th Nov 2012, 12:22
Hi

Out of interest, I was logging onto trips using a link beginning by "ekstaff" but for the past few days, I have been getting a message saying the server cannot be found anywhere anymore.

I liked that link as it was a lot quicker than using the key fob and wonder if I am the only one who has had that issue. Tried with Mozilla and Safari with the same result.

If you guys have an updated link or an explanation as to what the problem/reason is, please feel free to pm me if you feel like it ;). Thanks in advance.

Safe flying

MrMachfivepointfive
7th Nov 2012, 12:45
Just tried it. Appears to be fine.

PPRuNeUser0215
7th Nov 2012, 13:11
:ok:
Thanks MM5.5
Not sure how I got the link I had used so far but the title of your message did just fine.
A round of green tea on me if we ever fly together :)

Back in business :D

Vrille
7th Nov 2012, 22:33
Hi! I'm easy most of the times. But I'm not EK staff and don't intend to be! Therefore this thread is pollution to me! I don't mind EK guys talking about company specific stuff.... But common' what a bore!!!!:bored:

fatbus
8th Nov 2012, 00:59
Don't read it then!

fliion
8th Nov 2012, 06:46
On a separate note...anyone having issues lately with iPad not downloading the Gabi flight plan. ever since i got the new iOS when i select the relevant flight the three grey progress dots on RHS of screen stay frozen

Suggestions?

f.

Easy Ryder
8th Nov 2012, 07:57
Guys there used to be a link on group world where we could see loads for other airlines represented by smiley or sad faces..... Is that link still available I can't find it.

Fliion iOS 6 works fine for me, havn't updated to the 6.1 update released a couple of days ago.

fliion
8th Nov 2012, 09:09
Easy

FlyZED.com (http://www.flyzed.com)

Pass & user in t7 study guide..or ask around.

f.

zk-dxb
8th Nov 2012, 14:50
Flilon

Delete your downloads app and then go back to the app store and re-install it. You won't pay for it twice even if it says 'buy' on the page.

fliion
8th Nov 2012, 21:17
Thanks for that...all good now.

f.

OldNo.7
10th Nov 2012, 13:59
Again drift, but....

Does anyone know how the break down works on Fabs2? Namely;
Booked vs Staff Load vs Staff standby

Cat A = Staff standby?
Cat C = ?
Cat 99 =?

Are staff standby included in the staff load total?

Thanks.

givemewings
11th Nov 2012, 04:52
Pretty sure the staff total is only standby (Cat A) since when I was booked on both Cat C and Cat99 and had checked in online it didn't show any staff or staff checked in, would guess then it doesn't count confirmed tix. Perhaps someone else can confirm this.

When I've been on confirmed tix I haven't shown up on the PIL either, the operating crew didn't know who/which seat I was in (sometimes interesting, to be honest!!)

caloicute
5th Feb 2013, 00:43
Can someone please help me how to Download FABS2 in my Iphone or Ipad?

Mr Good Cat
5th Feb 2013, 14:45
https://spring.emirates.com

Enter staff details and click on the icon of the app you want to download.

glofish
5th Feb 2013, 16:20
fliion

click on "view" on the left and it starts as before ....:ok:

Dirigible
5th Feb 2013, 22:50
Flyzed been shut down for over a year now: From their website: The running costs of FlyZED.com (http://www.flyzed.com) were covered only by airlines that used the website as their listing tool for ZED travellers. However, as other portals now offer this functionality, most of the Flyzed Listing Airlines ceased to use the website as the listing tool and thus, the listing tool was shut down, as no airlines left to cover the costs.