PDA

View Full Version : David Green and FSD

Timothy
15th Dec 2011, 21:16
It is a shame that the Weaver thread was locked before I could publically express my gratitude to David Green (JetBlu) for allowing Robert's payment to go to Flying Scholarships for the Disabled (http://www.toreachforthesky.org.uk/).

This is effectively a hugely generous donation by David of several thousand pounds.

In the context, the money could not go anywhere better.

Thank you, David.

debiassi
17th Dec 2011, 12:27
Awesome work Dave, You humble the best of us.:ok:

Jetblu
17th Dec 2011, 14:07
Timothy,

You will recall the promise that I made in person many months ago. This was more about principle than financial gain.

It is indeed nice to think that the money will bring pleasure and hope to some people who without doubt deserve it. For them it will bring some well deserved pleasure and hopefully a welcome step back from the problems that they face day to day.

I must say that recovering the money I lost through the difficulties with Robert was initially my motivation; it rapidly changed to becoming a desire to see justice done and to see that the wrongs that had happened were not repeated.

Everyone deserves a chance, hopefully now Robert will continue to strive to rebuild his life. He has been very fortunate there have been a number of people working in the background to try to bring that about rather than the destruction of Robert and his business (as some have accused people on this forum of attempting to do).

Myself, Goldeneaglepilot (GEP) and Robert met last week. I cannot pretend that it was an easy meeting for me. I sat through nearly 40 minutes of Robert telling GEP what he thought of me. Robert did not know who I was when we first met. By the end of the meeting he did. I bit my lip so many times during the first forty minutes that I still have the bruises.

Robert has now apologised and both GEP and myself, we both admire him for that. Hopefully now he can work forward and rebuild his life. I do feel that the meeting went far beyond just simply recovering a debt; it also acted as a catalyst for Robert to turn his life around. The evidence so far says he’s doing that. It is closely being monitored and I’m certain it will be made very public if he defaults on what he promised. I think he recognises that this is the only real chance he will ever get to place his life back in order.

I’m certain he is a long way from being out of the woods yet, he seems to accept that and he does seem to be trying hard to turn things round. He realises the reality of the situation and that he still has a tough path to walk before he gets to open ground. At least he’s trying. :D

goldeneaglepilot
4th Jan 2012, 09:15
Sadly on Monday evening David Green (Jetblu) was very seriously injured in a ground fire aboard his C421 aircraft at North Weald Airfield. David is in a critical condition in hospital, he has got through 7 hours of surgery yesterday, but faces more today. David has a young family, it is asked that respect for their privacy is given at this difficult time.

David is a great guy who has done much to help others, a small example of which can be seen in this thread. That is typical of the man that David is.

Katamarino
4th Jan 2012, 09:17
David has spent a lot of time and effort to help out people on this forum - I wish him the best for what will no doubt be a very difficult recovery. Please keep us updated with his progress, and anything we as a community can do to help...

debiassi
4th Jan 2012, 09:27
It really was a sad day and there is a long and hard battle ahead.
I sincerely hope that similar efforts can now be displayed a la the FBE thread, in which Dave was a leading tower of light,
to assist Dave and his familly in their hour of need.
GEP is already piling the weight of the world onto his broad shoulders and my
support and assistance is guaranteed. I would suggest anyone who genuinely
wishes to actively assist should pm GEP.

flydive1
4th Jan 2012, 09:31
Very sorry to hear that.

I wish David all the best and a full and quick recovery.

Evanelpus
4th Jan 2012, 12:51
Horrid news, get well soon David.

BravoBoy
4th Jan 2012, 13:26
Thats not good news.

Get well soon David.

No longer ATC
4th Jan 2012, 13:27
Oh no,how awful..thoughts are with all xxx

Spunky Monkey
4th Jan 2012, 14:28
GEP. Thank you for letting us know and I am sure like others here we are grateful for your efforts.

My best wishes to a fellow aviator, I hope David recovers fully and quickly.
Kind regards

JW

stuckgear
4th Jan 2012, 17:23
I'm stunned. David is really one of the good guys.

My thoughts are with you David.

captain_flynn
4th Jan 2012, 19:19
I've not had anything to do with the recent topics because I don't know anyone involved but it's sad to hear that David is in such condition. I certainly hope hes well and has a speedy recovery.

Dawdler
4th Jan 2012, 19:51
I have followed the various threads in which David has been involved and am saddened to hear if his horrific accident. My thoughts are with his family and close friends as I wish him a speedy recovery.

cambioso
4th Jan 2012, 20:27
Terrible, and every one of us dreads this kind of accident.
What the Hell was seen to happen?
Not theories, but the facts of what is known to have actually happened at the time (NOT WHY, I SAY AGAIN NOT WHY, OR WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED!).
Awful.
Jez

goldeneaglepilot
4th Jan 2012, 21:01
Thanks for your post. Please understand that in view of the very sensitive time for Dave's family it is not fair to pass comment in public or to indeed report on the actual sequence of events leading up to this tragic accident. Please respect this.

Please do not speculate, it’s not helpful to Dave or his family at a very tough time for them. All I can say is that at this stage all the people who NEED to know have full knowledge.

I'm sorry to not be able to say more, but please respect the spirit that this post is made in.

In the fullness of time full details will be posted - now is not the appropriate moment.

Pace
4th Jan 2012, 23:46
GoldenEaglePilot

I am really sorry and shocked to hear this news! he sounds like a really nice guy and this accident is awful.

My best wishes to him and hope all will turn out ok for him and his family.

Pace

AfricanEagle
4th Jan 2012, 23:56
Reading Jetblu/David's various posts, while not knowing him personally, I have always thought of him as a good person and, even if internet contacts are distant, a virtual friend.

His tragic accident has touched me.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

mumblinjim
5th Jan 2012, 12:38
Shocked and saddened by this news. Have flown with David on a number of occasions. A kind, generous and genuine guy. My best wishes go out to him and his family and hope he has a speedy recovery.

Dawdler
22nd Apr 2013, 17:59
It is a long time since I have seen an update on David's condition. I would like to send best wishes to him and his family and tell them some of us are still thnking about him.

Evanelpus
23rd Apr 2013, 07:58
Well said Dawdler.

Does anyone have any updates on Dave?

rennaps
24th Apr 2013, 11:29
What happened to GEP / Henderson / Crellin?

flydive1
24th Apr 2013, 14:18
What happened to GEP / Henderson / Crellin?

Sorry, you will never get an answer.
We were told months ago that an explanation was forthcoming, but of course nothing heard since.
I asked a couple of times, but the posts/threads just disappeared.

It was ok when he was the one saying bad things about other people and getting them in trouble, with the full protection of one particular moderator.

But as soon as he became the subject everything went quiet.

Watch for our post to disappear soon(and maybe someone being banned)

5, 4, 3, 2, 1........;)

M-ONGO
25th Apr 2013, 09:14
That stinks! GEP was allowed, no, positively encouraged to bad mouth others. It seems only fair that this low life scumbag conman (whom I was told by a member of the pprune team) was a "professional investigator and an experienced pilot" gets his just deserves and we hear about it here.

Due diligence indeed...

5,4,3,2,1 :E
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Egg+on+face+images#seen)

rennaps
25th Apr 2013, 11:01
Mongo: I agree!!

Dawdler
25th Apr 2013, 18:55
There may be others who agree too. but lets not have the thread about DG wiped because of comments about a third party.

rennaps
26th Apr 2013, 07:03
Unfortunately it is all interlinked
GEP/Crellin stole money from me for DG :sad:.
At least, I would like to know what happened to him.

How is DG getting on?

stuckgear
7th May 2013, 14:46
GEP/Crellin stole money from me for DG http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/puppy_dog_eyes.gif.
At least, I would like to know what happened to him.

not just you, under the help for hayley rouse, the list of people wanting to meet him, face to face, is long and illustrious.

Evanelpus
7th May 2013, 14:53
I asked how Dave was doing on 23rd April, rennaps asked the same thing on 26th April.

Does anyone know how Dave Green is?

holly green
22nd Apr 2024, 21:30
i’m a relative of david green and been without contact for many years and i’m wondering if anyone could give me some info on what happened or where he is now