PDA

View Full Version : CTC TakeOff feedback

kwb911
15th Dec 2011, 08:50
Can anybody offer any feedback on the modular training offered by CTC. Specifically looking at the MEIR.

Many Thanks

Dan the weegie
15th Dec 2011, 12:46
I haven't been, so as a preface to you choosing to read the rest of my post :) I can't really answer your question.

But if I can offer a piece of experience that is related. I'd done a little training with OAA in the hope I might tap in to some of the contacts they have for the Integrated students, boy was I wrong. If you're a modular student going to one of these places is, I believe, unlikely to produce any better results than going to one of the good modular schools and is often more expensive. They protect their high profit integrated costs by making it clear that you're more likely to land a job in a jet if you take that course, because there is demand for modular training then I'll let it happen as well to fill gaps of underutilised instructors/aircraft. It makes a great deal of business sense to me and that's what I'd do in the same position.

So if that's what's in your head then I would very seriously consider the likes of Airways, BCFT, Bonus, PAT.

That said, the course I did was very good even if it was twice as expensive as everywhere else :). I doubt the training will be "she it" but you may spend more.

Hope that helps settle your mind :)

kwb911
15th Dec 2011, 15:31
Thanks for the info but its not the reason I asked the question. Specifically looking for people that have completed the course to see how they got on and get some feedback regarding the training.