PDA

View Full Version : Browser problem

Sunnyjohn
14th Dec 2011, 20:35
I have a Mac Mini running OSX 10.7 Lion. I cannot get the message windows to render within the window space. Other windows do - for example this window is OK. But when I go into a thread - any thread - the message windows is way off the edge of the screen and I have to use the horizontal scroll bar to read it. I have tried all my browsers : Camino, Omniweb, Safari and Opera. I can't use IE because I'm on a Mac.

Any ideas?

Capetonian
14th Dec 2011, 20:42
I don't know if this works on a Mac, but on a PC CTRL + (i.e press the CTRL key and the + key together) will enlarge the display and conversely CTRL - will make it smaller, which in theory should mean that any 'spill' will be reduced and you won't have to use the scroll bar.

It could also be under tools/options/content if the Mac browsers have an equivalent. I'm sure a Mac user will have an answer for you.

mixture
14th Dec 2011, 21:06
In the view menu, is "Actual Size" greyed or black ? If black, select it. Any better ?

I use Mac OS X 10.7 extensively during my rare PPRuNeing time... never had a problem, so I suspect it's a localised setting of some sort unique to your computer.... just a case of finding which one... :E

Sunnyjohn
15th Dec 2011, 18:49
Thanks to both of you. For some inexplicable reason the problem has disappeared without me, to my best knowledge, doing anything about it. That's computers for you!