PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Cheapest C152 rates in any flying club in India??

freerunner
14th Dec 2011, 09:13
Hey guys,

I need to fly for 30 hrs this month to renew my RT. These 30 hrs do not necessarily have to be PIC and any plane would do. So I'm guessing Cessna152 is my best bet. Any idea of the current rates going on in Indian Flying clubs? Which is the cheapest option??:confused:

Any help/suggestions/tips would be appreciated.:ok:

Thanks.

Ankit Kotecha
15th Dec 2011, 03:23
do u hold any foreign license as well ?

freerunner
15th Dec 2011, 05:06
Yes i hold a FAA CPL... but i cant go abroad due my time restriction..

aadityaslg
15th Dec 2011, 06:53
If you have time.. take the part 1 test and pass it! save your self some bucks! take classes from MK singh..

If you have to money to spend.. have some fun doing those 30 hrs.. and make sure you do all the flights required for:

-CPL renewal (with present scenario you never know you might need it 2-3 yeas down the line).
-IR recency. etc etc..

Just asking, you really need all the 30 hrs?
Don't you have say 15 -20 hrs falling in thoe 3 years time frame?

Infact, I think you need only 20 hrs of flying if you have 10 hrs in the last 12 months..

This could save you some moolah.. :cool:

freerunner
15th Dec 2011, 09:09
Thanks for the suggestion :ok: but CPL n IR renewal wont be an issue as I am up for joining Indigo next month. Actually, this is the reason why i cant afford to wait until the next RT attempt (Feb,mumbai).

As for the hours, I managed to clear all my exams n RT in the first attempt and so I was able to save my recency training. Hence, I dont have even a single actual flight hour in the past 3 years except for the 120 hours on A320 Sim.

I know this is a very expensive option for me but this 'moolah' can be recovered by April next year considering the fact that i am up for joining in Jan. Anyways, thanks for the input. Appreciate it.:)

aadityaslg
15th Dec 2011, 10:06
Ok.. In that case.. you can do the 20 hrs of flying.. Don't think you need 30..

For this you can go to MPFC(Indore or Bhopal) you should be done in max 1 weeks time. . and they charge you 6000-7000 per hr.. you can search the phone no.s online.

Another thing, I know a friend of mine who was in a similar situation as yours, but jet airways gave him a certificate of ground rt experience and some of them showed their supernumerary for the same, it worked for them.

Best thing to do is to visit WPC, explain the your situation and ask them for the best way to do it.

And if you are still in a rush ( I would be, If I were you :P) then just do those 20 hrs, enjoy the cessna before you jump into that right seat!

All the best!