PDA

View Full Version : After Susi

kkl
13th Dec 2011, 21:00
Hi everybody,

Are there any ex susi pilot who would like to share their post susi experience job wise?
Many thanks!

Droste
15th Dec 2011, 08:27
It is still an airline. Everybody there is for flying hours, not for pay.

It is a jumping board for all "buleh" into Indonesian aviation.

JulieFlyGal
15th Dec 2011, 09:55
It is a jumping board for all "buleh" into Indonesian aviation.

So Droste, are there many ex Susi Air pilots flying for Indonesian airlines after their contract with Susi has finished? Please elaborate.

kkl
7th Feb 2012, 03:35
heard a few of them moved to some asian airlines ( china..hong kong...indo)
but if some of them would like to share their experience, that would be nice!
many thanks.

Fidelity
1st May 2012, 23:50
Just finished up my contract there.. spent the last month finding accommodation while back at home and will have to start on a CV and looking for jobs afresh. I just packed up and left. Did not leave for another job. 2 years there and I felt I've had enough. Besides, its a good time to study ATPL's now..

power source
2nd May 2012, 03:31
what is the total hours requirement to join Susi air.
what is the contract period?

Thanks

Massey058
2nd May 2012, 07:58
Air Canada Jazz
Air Hong Kong
Air Macau
Air New Zealand
Cathay Pacific
Garuda Indonesia
Hong Kong Express
JetStar
Private Jets
Silk Air
Singapore Airlines
Sky Aviation
Virgin Australia
Wings Air

That's just off the top of my head, some had experience prior to Susi, some didn't.

Lineboy4life
2nd May 2012, 11:33
Pretty dissapointed Tropicair didnt make your list 058....ha

Sorry to miss the previous papua BM's wedding - he's a good lad who will go far in this industry...

I had a ball at Sushi, smashed some good hours in the porter and met a bunch of fantasic operators whom I hope to share a checklist with again soon...

susl alumanai....

Massey058
2nd May 2012, 11:35
Whoops, my bad!

ReverseFlight
6th May 2012, 03:57
what is the total hours requirement to join Susi air. I understand that with less than 500 hrs, you join as an F/O. Your pay is increased as you hit the 700 and 1000 hr mark.
what is the contract period?The first contract is one year. There is a US$2500 refundable bond in case you leave before the end of your contract. You will likely hit the 1000 hr mark by the end of the first year, and if they offer you a second 1-year contract, you will fly and log as captain/PIC.