PDA

View Full Version : Hotel discounts in Dubai

BDD
10th Dec 2011, 04:04
I'm thinking of taking the wife and kid over to Dubai for a couple of days.
Do any hotels there give airline discounts? Is the indoor ski slop worth it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gulfstreamaviator
10th Dec 2011, 05:01
at the moment it is HI season in Dubai, so all hotels are upping the rates.

crew discounts are available, but limited.

the dedicated crew resources web sites, will give all the info. I dont have time to list them sorry.

re the ski slope, it is always worth a visit, as is the Burg Kalifa... BOOK in advance for best rates.

as to hotel locations, depends on your desire to be in the action, metro good and cheap, so think slightly outside the box, and it will be fun trip.

beware the shopping, prices are not any lower or the goods any better than most other cities in FLA.

glf

BDD
10th Dec 2011, 05:37
Thanks for the info Gulf.

Take care

ManaAdaSystem
10th Dec 2011, 12:50
Find out which hotels you are interested in, then call them direct. A friend of mine did this, and got very good rates at some of the top hotels.

Silky
10th Dec 2011, 13:12
on arrival get the dxbconnect prepaid master card. They offer discounts in various restaurants and hotels...special rates for Atlantis too...I got one and returned my initial 95 AED from one dinner in one of the Atlantis restaurants!:} Even got a local sim card for calling round locally to the lads I was visiting...I think she said I could have 3 on one passport....well worth the buy!!:ok:

Capetonian
10th Dec 2011, 13:16
Generally, you may find you get better rates on websites such as laterooms.com, hotels.com etc than the airline discount rates. It is of course worth calling the hotel and comparing.

eagleflight
10th Dec 2011, 16:18
I agree with above posts,DXB is in high season now...

SAS Radisson Dubai Creek (http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-dubaideiracreek) used to have good discount for Star Alliance Airlines employees,something like USD 65 for a double room incl. breakfast.
Don't know if they adjust the prices during high season,but maybe worth a call.

Depending on the lenght of your stay,maybe a serviced apartment in the Marina area may be an alternative? A friend of mine went to Oasis Beach Tower and they loved it.

BDD
10th Dec 2011, 21:29
Thanks again guys for the kind replies. Still looking.

desertopsguy
11th Dec 2011, 00:41
I have been using touchdown for years whenever am in DXB and it has never failed me.

They offer discount rates for airline staff and the prices are incredible, not just in DXB but all over the globe.

You can find em on Touchdown Holidays - Discounted Hotels, Flights, Cruises, Tours and more for Travel Industry Employees (http://www.touchdown.co.uk) and then click on 'brochure rack' and then select the region you'll visit.

These guys been in business for years and have rates at all the top hotels.

They're worth a look.

BDD
11th Dec 2011, 00:48
Thanks Desert. I'll give it a go.

jimmyg
11th Dec 2011, 02:11
Try Agoda;

I just booked at the Dubia Marina View Hotel & Apartments which is a good studio suite with kichenette and clothes washer, good pool for $335 for 3 nights. It is in a good area, hence name, marina and beaches. Close to train which will take you direct to Emirates Mall with Ski slope. Which is more just a novelty. Nice to look at and maybe send the kid on the tobogan run.

thatwasclose
11th Dec 2011, 04:36
My mate just booked a room in Rotona Towers for about 100 bucks a night. Good hotel good spot, used an airline rate. Have fun.

Silky
11th Dec 2011, 05:47
agin...take a look here, deals to be had and if you have an interest in using the Aqua adventure etc then all included!!
Enjoy!!
:: dxb connect :: (http://www.dxbconnect.com/offers.php)

Dubaian
11th Dec 2011, 07:22
If you are planning on skiing/sliding, take your own hat and gloves. They do NOT include these in the rental package. Worth a visit - suggest go early in the day to avoid crowds. 9a.m. on a Friday and you can make fresh tracks. But the Metro doesn't run until 2pm on a Friday so you need another way to get to Mall of the Emirates.

BDD
11th Dec 2011, 08:25
Thanks again for all the kind replays.

Do you guys know anything about the Kempinski Hotel at the mall of Emirates?
I found an all in rate for three nights for $627.00 for three people. Deluxe room. Whatever that means. Looks very nice. I guess its connected to the ski slop.

Thanks again

Dubaian
11th Dec 2011, 10:44
The Kempinski has some rooms which actually overlook the ski slope - just like you were in an Alpine Chalet !! There is also a restaurant which overlooks the slope. It's a 5* I believe and is part of the Mall of the Emirates complex. A good choice if you intend to use the Big Fridge. And that's not a bad price either.
MoE is near the Marina area ('new Dubai') and as such is some way from the older parts of town - but well connected by the Metro, taxis or buses.

BDD
11th Dec 2011, 11:59
Thanks Dub, and we will bring our hats and gloves.

Thanks again guys.

BDD

ualgrizz
12th Dec 2011, 06:49
Dawg:

Man if you want skiing you are a lot closer to Denver. This is not a place I would put on the bucket list. If you are job hunting...and need to check the place out not bad time of the year to come. But beaches...you have much nicer in St Pete or Daytona.

Grizz