PDA

View Full Version : Whozzat??

Gazzer1uk
8th Dec 2011, 14:07
Hi there,

Just being very nosy, between 13:15 and 13:45 several days of the week whilst walking my dogs I hear a large heli, travelling close to the M40 just north of Banbury, usually to the Northamptonshire side.

It looks to have a Fenestrom tail, but flies just a bit far off for me to recognise what it might be, I suspect it may be a Dauphin. I am also intrigued as to whether this is a regular commercial flight, or a charter as such as to me it would appear an expensive route.

I am being nosy, and would understand if it is innapropriate to find out what the reason for the flight is, but keen to know what the bird is, I fell down a rabbit hole watching it the other week, how sad am I!!:eek:

Cheers,

Gaz

J.A.F.O.
8th Dec 2011, 14:31
Are you sure that's it's always the same one?

Gazzer1uk
8th Dec 2011, 14:36
Not 100% but route is similar, size and noises similar and time very regular so would think on balance it is, but been wrong before!

Gaz

Helinut
8th Dec 2011, 16:37
Just guessing, but Prodrive are based close to the area you mention. They and some of their customers/drivers operate helicopters. There are also one or two private owners with the necessary wallets in that area too

Gazzer1uk
11th Dec 2011, 19:25
Indeed they are close by, but this seems so regular and it is a big helicopter (to me, meaning bigger than EC135), it has the hallmarks of a regular excursion, but then F1 teams/Prodrive and the like (all of which are around the general area) probably ferry their guys around a lot.

Like I say just being nosy!

Gaz