PDA

View Full Version : NFTI Information and facts

asbasb
8th Dec 2011, 13:57
Hello PPRuNers !

I am a graduate looking out to join NFTI, Gondia and begin my journey towards becoming a career Pilot.

I have cleared the CASS test and would be beginning the final formalities soon for joining in Jan.

I however have the following concerns which have started to bother me after speaking to a few cadets which i have listed below.

1. The batch sizes at NFTI are nearly 40-50 every two months. I am however being told by the NFTI rep that the intake is only 10-15 per batch.

2. The flying training is being conducted on DA40 aircraft but the institute has only 8 of these with as many as 150 students in queue and having been promised completion in the shortest time possible (14 months).

3. One student i spoke to even complained that after payments have been made, no heed is paid to how your flying progresses and basic stuff like books, uniforms, flight bags, food etc are way below the quality that a big company like CAE should offer.

4. They are charging ard 28 lac + taxes. Many US schools offer more hours and lesser amount for the same kind of training. Not sure if the Quality is the same as CAE will provide.

If anyone is also joining the Jan batch pls PM me and we can discuss the same.

Also, from experienced pilots here, which one would have more value in terms of quality of learning, getting the license in India (from NFTI or IGRUA) or maybe joining a US school and then having your license converted to Indian CPL.

All inputs are welcome.

Regards,
Ashrab

planeboy_777
8th Dec 2011, 15:42
The flying training is being conducted on DA40 aircraft but the institute has only 8 of these with as many as 150 students in queue and having been promised completion in the shortest time possible (14 months).

if you clear your DGCA paper well on time you'll fly more than 40 hrs a month ..thats for sure.

no heed is paid to how your flying progresses and basic stuff like books, uniforms, flight bags, food etc are way below the quality that a big company like CAE should offer.
bull crap man!!!!

B737NG
9th Dec 2011, 06:43
there is a old saying: It sounds to good to be true !!

It lookes like that someone putts the likelihood of his family on the line again. I would rather go the safer way and do it somewhere else where you have good feedback from and not around the corner and, maybe, get shafted.

Silver Spur
10th Dec 2011, 02:43
I would definetly go to the US....

FlyByWire320
10th Dec 2011, 11:18
I dont know whom you spoke to and got such ****ty feedback, here are a few facts about NFTI.

1. NFTI has the best infrastructure in India and among the best in the world. Go to Gondia and see for yourself.

2.Batch sizes vary from 6-30 per batch depending on the number of applicants and shortlisted candidates. Recently the batch sizes have reached upto 30 because of intake of IndiGo cadet pilots. The average size of a batch is 10 cadets

3. It has a fully functional ground school with ex-IAF instructors. Excellent ground training is imparted which can be proven by the fact that almost 90% of its graduated have cleared all ATPL exams after getting CPL in the first attempt.

4. It has fully furnished Air conditioned apartments with fridge, functional kitchen, geysers, LCD TV with Airtel DTH connection, WIFI etc etc.

5. It has a fully functional mess/canteen which server excellent food.

6. It has a centrally Air conditioned Gymnasium, pool tables, TT, Indoor Squash court etc etc. The swimming pool is coming up soon.

7. Gondia (VAGD) has a newly built 7500 ft x 45 mtrs wide runway, parallel taxiway, huge apron that can hold 8-10 A320's, 3 Hangars, Terminal building Newly built ATC tower (bigger than Nagpur, Goa, Pune etc), VOR, NDB, Cat I ILS Runway/taxiway/Apron Lights.

8. It has 9 brand new SE DA-40 and 1 Multi Engine DA-42 aircraft with G1000 glass cockpit and another 11 DA-40 and 1 DA-42 on order. It gets 2 aircraft every few months.

9. NFTI has 1 DA-40 and 1 DA-42 FNTPII (Simulators) as of now and another 2 are on order.

10. It has excellent well trained Ex-Airforce and Civil Flight Instructors, with pre -flight briefings and post flight debriefing.

11. All Aircraft are fitter with FDR's (Flight data Recorder) and almost all flights are monitored to keep illegal flying practices, flight parameters etc in check.

12. NFTI has Refueling trucks, Marshallars, Flight Dispatchers on its rolls so unlike USA/Phillipenes etc etc you don't have to clean and refuel your aircraft every morning.

13. Placements Statistics:
- MoU for Placements in Airlines like Qatar, IndiGo, Air India/Indian Airlines etc.
- 90%+ Placements
- 15 Cadets already Placed in IndiGo.
- 1 Cadet Placed In Qatar Airways (A330 Fleet) and placements into Qatar are still on. Type rating etc is sponsored by Qatar.
- 1 cadet placed in Spicejet.
- Around 20 IndiGo cadet pilots Training at NFTI and another 20 to join soon.

I dont think any flight school in USA/Phillipenes/Canada/Australia etc can match up to NFTI in terms of placements etc. So the fee charger (28+3 lacs tax) is justified keeping in mind that AVGAS 100LL in India costs double of what it costs in USA etc. So chose wisely :ok:

sonsal
10th Dec 2011, 12:29
Here we go.....i dint know NFTI guys are on Pprune as well....:oh:

asbasb
11th Dec 2011, 11:47
Thanks for the info 'FlyByWire320' and for taking out time to write such decriptive text.

Unfortunately you sound like the guy i spoke to on the phone when i was evaluating NFTI (minus the accent !!)

Just curious, Are you on the marketing team ? If not what is the source of your 'inside' information. As 'B737NG' says --> this sounds too good to be true.

I would be more than glad if all this or even 25% of this is true as i am almost set on joining NFTI after due diligence of course.

Thanks for the AVGAS info. That defi makes US a better value for money.

FlyByWire320
12th Dec 2011, 09:06
@ asbasb

I am not an NFTI employee. I am an NFTI alumni and now working with IndiGo. I know it sounds too good to be true but you wont believe it unless you personally go and visit NFTI, Gondia.
You will always find a few frustrated souls, who don't work hard and then give negative feedback to everyone, be it IGRUA, NFTI, Oxford or Embry Riddle.
I understand the fee is a bit on the higher side, but trust me its worth it. Work hard and you'll be in Qatar, IndiGo or Air India within 2 yrs.:ok:

yuvraj88
8th Feb 2012, 03:56
why is this so hard to believe

joymitra405
13th Apr 2012, 19:58
i am interested in joining nfti..bt i dont have 55% marks in maths.. so i cant join indigo cadet pilot program..i want to join the ab initio pilot training program.do i stil stand a chance f a gud placement if i complete my course from nfti??

FlyBoy787
15th Apr 2012, 16:27
asbasb: Any particular reason as to why you aren't looking at IGRUA?

rahulred5
15th Apr 2012, 16:40
12. NFTI has Refueling trucks, Marshallars, Flight Dispatchers on its rolls so unlike USA/Phillipenes etc etc you don't have to clean and refuel your aircraft every morning.What a load of bullcrap. I have instructed for 2 years in the US and we had fueling trucks who refueled our planes and cleaned them. And there is absolutely nothing wrong anyway in refueling your own planes and cleaning them.

I know you are trying to sell NFTI but trying to claim you provide greater levels of training and infrastructure than Western countries makes you the object of ridicule.

FlyByWire320
6th May 2012, 07:10
Go and see for yourself how the infrastructure is. you have to change your mentality, USA doesent always mean better infrastructure.
BTW,Are you emplyed yet, or is your FAA converted CPL biting the dust and is about to expire??

rahulred5
6th May 2012, 07:45
BTW,Are you emplyed yet, or is your FAA converted CPL biting the dust and is about to expire??

I guess NFTI didn't improve your English spelling skills. Maybe you should tell your NFTI bosses to perhaps improve the English of their representatives :E

FlyByWire320
6th May 2012, 07:57
Which call centre are you working in?

FlyByWire320
6th May 2012, 08:03
A320 for IndiGo, but your profile says A330? Didnt know IndiGo has A330's

Terror.Bird
6th May 2012, 11:46
Nice dig on Flybywire.... after this he should understand, that he needs to shut up at least on this topic...