PDA

View Full Version : Licence conversion?

zzagalo
7th Dec 2011, 23:16
Hi Dears
I'm an Aircraft mechanic from morocco i had an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer license category B1 from the MOROCCAN AVIATION AUTHORITY in addition 10 years in line and base aircraft's maintenance .
So yours guidelines to convert my licenses into a FAA Airframe & Power Plant Mechanic license .

best regards

cedgz
7th Dec 2011, 23:50
hello zzagalo, or re hello from last time

you need at least 2 1/2 experience as an aircraft mech/tech/engineer, and that's your case(faa will need your job tasks to see that you covered all the ATA's)
secondly to be authorised to pass your a&p you will need to be sponsored(US company that you work for or for who you will work when faa a&p in the pocket)
than go to an faa school and take your theory and oral&practical (school + exams is 2 weeks)
hope this helps

zzagalo
8th Dec 2011, 09:50
Hi Dears Cedgz
so i understand i should looking first to work for a company as an aircraft mechanic then prove experience and finally apply for A & P mechanic .

therefore; you have any suggestion about recruiters or companies in USA may accept aircraft mechanic with my aptitude:

kinds regards

cedgz
8th Dec 2011, 10:21
hi,

you don't need to work for an american company

C. Foreign nationals located outside the United States may only be certificated if they show, to
the satisfaction of an FAA Inspector, that the certificate is required for the maintenance of U.S.
registered aircraft. To show this need, the applicant must provide:

1. A signed and detailed statement from their employer substantiating the specific types of
maintenance performed and the duration of each.

2. A detailed statement obtained from the foreign airworthiness authority of the country in
which the experience was gained or from an advisor of the International Civil Aviation
Organization that will validate that experience. All information must be signed, dated
originals and traceable to the initiators.

3. An original signed and detailed statement from the owner or operator of a US registered
aircraft substantiating the need for the A&P certificate. The employer must also list the
specific type of maintenance performed, and duration of employment.

grounded27
8th Dec 2011, 14:48
3. An original signed and detailed statement from the owner or operator of a US registered
aircraft substantiating the need for the A&P certificate. The employer must also list the
specific type of maintenance performed, and duration of employment.

This is not necessary, there may be some B/S reciprocity that an FAA administrator acted on but if you come to the USA to test. I can tell you with complete confidence this is not a requirement. If the DME does not feel your English is adequate you may have a foreign only restriction.

Also to add the ATA system is important, if you can document the time and have the experience that covers work performed in all ATA's you should be good!

zzagalo
9th Dec 2011, 14:44
Hi
during my 10 years in the air force i cover very important numbers of ATA's tasks also i had some signed statement that show tasks i done before in maintenance.
so may you give me some guide lines where i should start first .
thanks a lot

easaman
9th Dec 2011, 20:27
Take the last five years and start with ATA 05
or use prefabricated logbooks as samples
Work experience documentation for the EASA part 66 (http://www.easa-66.eu/BBS/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2)
Cheers easaman

shams4195
25th Feb 2012, 08:08
I have E&E license from civil aviation organisation of Iran.
I want convert mentioned license to FAA or Air Transport Canada (E maintenance license) If you can please help me!!

shams4195
25th Feb 2012, 08:15
I have E&E license from Civil Aviation Organisation of Iran.I want convert this mentioned license to FAA or Air Transport Canada (E Maintenance License).If you can please help me!!!!!!
Thank you before