PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit4u - TR320 &Accommodation

G-pilot
7th Dec 2011, 22:29
I am going for a A320 TR at cockpit4u soon and any info regarding the school would be very helpful. (from people that actually went there!)

I found a couple of posts about cockpit4u that didn't include a lot of information regarding the courses and the ones that did where not recent, not alot of info for the offered accommodation either.

Currently they are offering 2 options Leonardo Airport Hotel and the Studio Apartments near Lipschitzallee underground station. I am not going to have a car during my stay so what would you choose? How safe are the two areas? What's there around them?

From the info I managed to gather, Leonardo is walking distance from the sim which could be useful in crazy hour sim sessions, one train stop for Cockpit4u The Sudios are 1 stop from a big mall where you can get some groceries, eat, see people and have a nice break. Commuting from the studios looks complicated.. is it really? 1 train 1 bus for cockpit4u, 2 trains and 1 bus for sim (and what if sim is at 3am?

For the mcc I was in Flight School Berlin and even if the school was nice, the area was so depressing, nowhere to go, one place to eat that closed very early and we missed dinner :* a couple of days cos we had evening sim sessions!]Hope to get some good insights thanks in advance!

FCOM37
8th Dec 2011, 14:21
Hi,

I am looking for some feedbacks about the COCKPIT4U 'cause I am thinking about an A320 type rating with them.

If some of pilots did their training there,could they give me there feedback (courses,instructors,base training etc...) and to tell me if it is a good thing to do my training with COCKPIT4U or if I should to go eslewhere.

Cheers.

pudoc
8th Dec 2011, 21:03
I haven't been there but I have met up with 2 of their employees. One of them goes to flight schools and presents the school and one is a pilot/TRE (or TRI) for them.

They are both really down to earth and just told it how it is. They were saying it's so bad that pilots must fund their own TR but that's the way the market is and they work for a business.

They do try to get all of their students a job after their line training or just out of training if they don't get line training. But there are no promises.

I do think the line training and base training is over priced though. But that being said, I thought highly of their company after talking to them even though I never have any intention of paying for a TR.

Definitely great people. Can't comment on the quality of training though.

G-pilot
8th Dec 2011, 22:11
billywhu thanks for the info!
i think that as long as training is average to good (i mean if they tell you everything they need to tell you) it's up to the student to get more or less out of it!

G-pilot
11th Dec 2011, 20:10
so noone has any recomendation for the accomodation options :sad:
i'll try the studios since they are cheaper hope i do a good choice..

bhambri
23rd Dec 2011, 13:27
I did my type rating from c4u recently. I would recommend leonardo because it is very close to sim and school as well.
10mins walk from hotel you have nettos super market as well. where in you can buy whatever you like to.