PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Outlook times when crossing timezones

WHBM
7th Dec 2011, 16:45
We all use Outlook in the company and have it on our laptops. When I go to USA, Australia, etc I reset the timezone to the local one. Otherwise the clock on the laptop screen is wrong.

But if someone back in London sends me a Meeting Request, it thinks it is being clever and converts it into whatever the local time would be where I am. But I won't be here, I'll be back in London, so a 16.00 meeting in London comes through as being at 04.00 the following day. Which may be logical but is not what I really want. Exacly the same happens to prior meetings made before leaving, these are all now shown at distorted middle-of-the-night times. So if you are in a phone conversation with someone back in London you have to be very good at mental conversions.

Can you set the clock on the laptop to local time, but have the appointments etc displayed in local time for the meeting. Just like you would write them in a handwritten diary.

Mike-Bracknell
7th Dec 2011, 17:11
Outlook 2010 Time Zone problems - Microsoft Answers (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/outlook-2010-time-zone-problems/9487e72d-f020-4bdd-bf46-3a52bf4c8e8b)