PDA

View Full Version : How long will airlines keep the employment record?

wongh97
7th Dec 2011, 12:19
Hi All,

I was a cadet pilot of Cathay Pacific 10 years ago and got suspended from training after 3 months. Now I want to re-apply to them or Dragonair, but I am not sure if Cathay would still hold my record. ( I they do, I think my chance is near zero). Do any of you have any idea of how long would airlines keep the employment record?

Thanks

Howard

wongh97
7th Dec 2011, 13:46
Hello~

Do you mean that you actually got into the training program, or you just re-applied after got rejected for application?

Fair.Pilot
7th Dec 2011, 15:28
"got suspended from training after 3 months"

Probably didn't finish the course for reasons known to him. Now re-applying again after passing on his own or with some hours.

10 years is NOT a long time to airlines. Major airlines will keep records for ages.

Anyway, no harm trying. But be HONEST with your application. If they find out you tried to bull or cover up your previous records definitely out you go....

Good luck!

wongh97
8th Dec 2011, 15:00
Oh I see, I thought they would have deleted records already as the normal practice of business firms is 7 years...but perhaps aviation industry is special. I have chatted with the head of their HR before, and he told me what I need to do is to convince them that I have overcome my difficulties while I was a cadet. I do not know if his words are sincere, or just an 'official reply'.