PDA

View Full Version : Possibilities for receiving a sponsorship from European/American Airlines

jurgeens
6th Dec 2011, 21:08
Hello!
I'm a 19(almost 20) year old student from Latvia. I'm studying in RAI (Rīgas Aeronavigacijas Institūts) to become a pilot/engineer. Basically the program that RAI is offering for pilots is that for a first year you are learning basic stuff about aviation like physics, math, introduction to the specialty and so on. After first year RAI is offering, for a people who decided to become a pilot and also can afford it, to study at Pelican Flight Training LLC at Miami Florida. At Pelican Flight Training LLC you are able to get PPL, CPL and there where other 2 that I forgot while I was writing but I remember that they were FROZEN. After that u can complete school to get bachelor in engineering, but at the same time you can easily work at any airline(atleast thats what they are saying). The only problem I have now is to find money for Pelican Flight Training LLC and that is why I'm asking your help to find out if there are any airlines in Europe or America that are searching for young and willing people who wants to become a pilot and if they are ready to pay for school and in return I'm signing a contract with them which states that after I finish Pelican Flight Training LLC I will work for them.

P.S. I have passed my medical test.

truckflyer
7th Dec 2011, 04:38
Gently, friendly, you are 19.

Spend a few days reading the forums here, and you will find most the answers you seek. Some might seem depressing and negative, that is a part of the reality. On the other hand you have age and time on your side, my advice do not believe in what a school promises you, but more important, read what they say properly and try to understand, what they promise and what they don't.

End of the day, they want your money, they don't really care what happens with you when you finish.

The depressing news, there are thousands of pilots waiting for a job, some are even willing to pay for their own training, so with few exceptions don't expect to get anything for free.

Try searching and applying such programs as Cathay, and do some more research, because you should try to know a little better what you are talking about, and take it from there when you know. Much info on this forum and on the net. Good luck.

Denti
7th Dec 2011, 05:37
There are still sponsorships around where you do not have to pay any money up front, in fact a few only require you to pay part of the training once you work for the sponsoring airline. However usually those sponsorships have extremely rigorous entry tests with a pass rate that is often below the 1% mark. Added to that you might have to speak a local language fluently to be considered in the first place, additionally to english of course.

And then there are the pay to fly "sponsorship" which require a hefty price upfront and give no job guarantee whatsoever.

Research these forums and you will find quite a bit of info, as has been said above quite a bit of that will be depressing, but still correct.

truckflyer
7th Dec 2011, 13:54
Denti ; "extremely rigorous entry tests with a pass rate that is often below the 1% mark"

Pass rate below the 1% mark, what does that mean exactly?

Denti
8th Dec 2011, 12:35
It means that more than 99 out of 100 applicants won't pass. That is only a few of those, most sponsorship entry-tests are around the 5 to 1% pass mark though. Still bad odds, but if you don't try, you cant win.