PDA

View Full Version : How do you impress yourself in the interview?

flyflyfly123
6th Dec 2011, 12:45
Hi folks! I'm new to this forum. Anyway, I would like to hear from all of you, how do you impress yourself in the interview? I believe that most of you have gone through or got some story to share. Please share it here. Probably the most simple question like, " Tell us something about you." ; "What is your greatest achievement in your life?" or "Why do you want to be a pilot?" would be the most toughest ever question for us. You might think that I'm lazy to find out the answer myself or for whatever reason. Honestly speaking, what is the main purpose of internet? What is the main purpose of this forum? Sharing information, am I right? Anyway, I'm just like everybody here, a pilot wannabe hopefully I can achieve my dream to fly in one day. Well, let's start with the first 3 simple questions. Before that I would to take this opportunity to thank everyone of you and highly appreciate for your valuable opinions/comments/ideas. Thank you so much in advance...

1. Tell us something about you
2. What is your greatest achievement in your life?
3. Why do you want to be a pilot?

goldenman
7th Dec 2011, 07:48
1. Tell us something about you
I am a P2F pilot !

2. What is your greatest achievement in your life?
I pay to fly!

3. Why do you want to be a pilot?
To make your rich, here my cheque for 500h line training!

after this, do you think they will turn you down?:bored:

It's only Me
11th Dec 2011, 16:32
Impressing those that are interviewing you would be a better start than impressing yourself; I guess you will have already done that.

A Pandy
11th Dec 2011, 20:05
There is a good possibility that the questions will be a lot tougher than the ones you have posed your self.
These days many organizations base their questions of the behaviourial type. You may want to do research into this area. They are a lot harder to answer than you may think.

amarje3t
17th Dec 2011, 13:54
At a recent interview I was asked: "Why should we not hire you?":confused:

FullTanks
17th Dec 2011, 17:21
flyflyfly123
Before some of us are able to give you any advice it would be helpful if you could provide a short CV - age, nationality, current occupation - if you have already completed your education - or expected exam results. Our answers will be rather different when addressed to a 17 year old, still at school, than to a 25 year old graduate in an established career. Your suggestions, as has already been commented upon, are far too simplistic. You should expect more probing and searching questions from an airline or training school interviewer(s).

Agaricus bisporus
18th Dec 2011, 10:36
Perhaps I'm missing something but why would you want to impress yourself at an interview? Surely the point of an interview is to impress the others... Is this some sort of confidence-building strategy - I'd have thought that if you need that sort of help you'd be better getting self-confident in the days and weeks before the interview rather than waiting for the event itself.
I'm puzzled by the examples ou've gibven that seem to be pretty normal interview questions - what have they to do with impressing yourself?

ps. Trotting out stock answers that have been fed to you on an internet forum is unlikely to impress anyone at interview, least of all yourself, let alone anyone else.