PDA

View Full Version : BA Job Cuts and current BA DEP Recruitment

Hugh Jampton
5th Sep 2001, 14:20
I'm wondering how the latest at BA will affect people who're currently going through DEP, so just a few questions for the Nigels in the Know :) - if you have any authoritative info...

1) Althought the 1,800 goers are meant to be 'natural redundancies', is DEP likely to be affected by BA's job cuts? If so, short-term or long-term?

2) Is the current DEP recruiment process to be stopped soon, will the programme be put on hold again?

3) Will people who are currently going through the process be chopped? If so, up to which progress stage?

It's hard to figure out which of the stories at the moment are actually nothing more than the usual scare stories in advance of pilot pay negotiations. Any ideas?

Regards,

Hugh.

Wedge
5th Sep 2001, 14:34
I'm just speculating but my view is the redundancies should not affect pilot recruitment as the requirement for pilots at BA has not changed. BA are cutting back where they can but they are not cutting pilots and their requirements are unlikely to change. I presume it is all part of Rod Eddington's efficiency drive to make the company more profitable and change the culture of the Bob Ayling years - but I stand to be corrected by someone with their finger on the pulse (Pontius?).......

RVR800
5th Sep 2001, 14:40
BA Vacancies online
Not working today...

Sorry, the system has encountered an unexpected error. This error has been forwarded to the site webmaster and will be rectified as soon as possible. If you would like us to help you more then please also fill in the Error Report to provide us with more information.

If you are mid-way through an application, your application will have been saved up to this point. You should try logging out and then logging back in again to continue.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope that this has not caused you a major problem.

Error Encountered:
com.blacksunplc.ba.recruitment.data.DataSourceException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00257: archiver error. Connect internal only, until freed.
Stack Trace com.blacksunplc.ba.recruitment.data.DataSourceException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00257: archiver error. Connect internal only, until freed. at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method) at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code) at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code) at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code) at com.blacksunplc.ba.recruitment.data.DataSourceException.(Com piled Code) at com.blacksunplc.ba.recruitment.data.PoolingConnectionManager .getConnection(Compiled Code) at com.blacksunplc.ba.recruitment.data.DatabaseProxyImpl.execut ePreparedQuery(Compiled Code) at com.blacksunplc.ba.recruitment.cm.RoleManager.getApprovedVac ancies(Compiled Code) at _browseresults_jsp._jspService(Compiled Code) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Compiled Code) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code) at com.netscape.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.Service(Com piled Code)

scroggs
5th Sep 2001, 14:52
This subject is already under discussion here: BA Job Losses (http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=010798)
Please continue your posts on that thread.

[ 05 September 2001: Message edited by: scroggs ]