PDA

View Full Version : Can't access some sites

Agaricus bisporus
4th Dec 2011, 19:15
Having reloaded windows and MS office I now can access e-mails on my company's server but cannot reply or send (the correct screen comes up with address and subject etc but the message panel has a wee square with a cross in it in the top left and it cannot be accessed) - I can access all other areas of that website that I have tried. I can start to download my roster with Roster2outlook but get a connection error after a bit, I can access my account on the Touchdown website but when I try to access hotel enquiries with the enquiry box I get a connection error but, naturally, Windows says everything is working.

Clearly something isn't set right. I have tried compatabi;ity on and off, windows firewall off and on, popups on and off. No change.

Ideas?

mad_jock
4th Dec 2011, 19:42
Go and make sure you have the latest flash and java installed

Agaricus bisporus
4th Dec 2011, 20:23
Done, no change.

mad_jock
4th Dec 2011, 22:45
Which version of windows?

Agaricus bisporus
6th Dec 2011, 12:35
its either XP home or small business. Don't know how to tell which.

mixture
6th Dec 2011, 14:15
Have you tried adding your company's website to the IE trusted sites list ?

Agaricus bisporus
6th Dec 2011, 20:52
Trusted sites - is this one of the panels on tools/options? Cant actually find anything called that though.

What lets you access a site but stops you making a booking enquiry? I can do the same thing on airline websites and it works fine. Roster 2 outlook downloaded last months roster but simultaneously choked on this months (both are on the system together towards the end of the month) . Now there is only one month's roster on the system it won't download it, yet it did the previous month. It lets me download updates fron R2O though.

mad_jock
6th Dec 2011, 20:59
The fact that you can get on them means it is sort of working but the fact that you can't then use the functions means there is something screwing with the top layer.

usually it will be a scripting problem with the current version of the various web front ends and you running on an old version which the website isn't designed to support. Which is why I suggested making sure you had java updated.

As a quick fix try downloading firefox or google chrome and see if it works on that.

Also as well make sure you have the service packs etc up to date on the OS.

green granite
6th Dec 2011, 21:29
If you want privacy don't download Google chrome just stick to firefox.