PDA

View Full Version : Threads not showing 'read'.

G-CPTN
3rd Dec 2011, 12:02
Starting recently, threads are not greying-out after I have read them.
This is happening in JetBlast - it seems to work OK in this forum.

Woops - that's not true, if I exit the forum and re-enter, the thread is shown as 'not read'.

This also means that when I open a thread it opens at some time where there are contributions that I have already read, so I have to scroll-through previous messages.

Is this something that I can remedy?

I'm using Firefox 7.0.1.

txdmy1
3rd Dec 2011, 12:26
works for me on FF8

G-CPTN
3rd Dec 2011, 12:30
It always used to work (most efficiently) until very recently (last 24 hours).

I'll see if logging-out and in again has any effect.

Well, that reset all threads to greyed-out (ie 'read') :ugh:

green granite
3rd Dec 2011, 12:44
I tend to click on the 'Mark Forums Read' option at the end oj the forum list ie after Jet blast forum when I've finished reading.

G-CPTN
3rd Dec 2011, 12:58
After logging-out/in again, the situation is unchanged - the latest thread read greys out when I return to the general forum page, but subsequent visits show all other thread 'not read', whether read or not (that is, those threads updated since logging-on).

G-CPTN
7th Dec 2011, 11:22
Having repeated the logout/login procedure (this time with a clearing of cookies within Firefox between) the situation is now normal and read threads are greying-out as expected.

Saab Dastard
7th Dec 2011, 19:17
If it's any consolation, I find that threads are frequently remaining Unread, even when they have been.

This has been going on for ages - and believe me, if you think it's tough having it happen when you are "just" reading, you ought to try it when you've got 3 forums to moderate!

Fortunately, I've been given time off for good behaviour / had my sentence reduced, so I'm just moderating C&I for the moment (actually due to work commitments)!

The problem isn't so apparent when you've only time to look at the site once a day. :)

SD

Mike-Bracknell
7th Dec 2011, 20:13
It's obvious the forum has the wrong cookies. Can I vote for double chocolate chip? :E

BOAC
7th Dec 2011, 21:09
You saying Saab is a 'cookie'?:eek:

Saab Dastard
8th Dec 2011, 08:00
I'm feeling a bit crumby... :ouch:

SD