PDA

View Full Version : Opposite Land

tuscarora
3rd Dec 2011, 01:02
This place seems to be a den of negativity, it's funny because every person I've talked to who is involved with, or employed with aviation is really positive and motivated.

So, er, what's that about? Methinks the naysayers are nay-flyers.

Advs
3rd Dec 2011, 06:35
Agreed mate, I'm a flyer and I hardly ever post here, just read the posts. Find other people's takes on events interesting.
Lot of wannabe's here.

BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES
3rd Dec 2011, 09:14
Agreed! This KAG person seems very bitter and twisted! An everton fan perhaps? :}

Dingowave
3rd Dec 2011, 10:59
There's also some very experienced guys who tell it how it is. Not heard from WWW recently but he always hit the nail on the head.

Colleagues from my integrated course 3 years ago are still working as cabin crew, and it's not through lack of ability or personality.

Lew747
3rd Dec 2011, 16:07
Strange....because i've met quite a few commercial fliers this year. Everything from 747 first officers, BA captains, Learjet and Citation pilots and they all love the job and couldn't see themselves doing anything else?

I don't understand! :confused::bored:

Pilots not recommending the profession? My dad started out a HVAC engineer straight from school. He loved the job and couldn't wait to start work every morning. Built up a business turning over 100k a year. Would he recommend his profession to any aspiring youngster Nope! Not to anyone. I work for Royal Mail where once upon a time even a Postman was considered a prestigious job! Is it now? Like hell it is! (We have a PPRuNe for Royal Mail employees and believe me you have never seen such negativety :bored:). All the management team I work with can't believe how different the company is now run compared to even 5-10 years ago.

My mum started as a travel agent, she too loved her job. Does she enjoy going to work now? Nope, can't stand it!

They all agree that the industries they work in have have radically changed over the years. Every industry and every profession now is plagued by changes. These are the signs of the time. This cannot be confined to just within the aviation industry!