PDA

View Full Version : Google Toolbar

Fareastdriver
2nd Dec 2011, 18:55
My Google Toolbar has disappeared. I was on Microsoft homepage so I though that maybe they threw a wobbly and turned it off. I used their search engine to find the download website and downloaded it. I restarted IE and nothing there. I tried downloading it again and I got a message that it would not work on Firefox. I haven't got Firefox. Looking though my programmes it definately says Internet Explore and when I selected the programme the normal page came up. I changed my home page to Yahoo; downloaded the Google toolbar again but still it will not come up even after restarting my computer.
Anybody any ideas?

Edited to add. As a clue my taskbar will not jump up as it did before so maybe the internet page is blanking everything out.

Spurlash2
2nd Dec 2011, 23:49
Step 1: Enable add-ons.

1.Click the Internet Explorer Tools menu or press Alt-T on your keyboard.
2.Select Manage Add-ons.
3.If Google Toolbar, Google Toolbar Helper or Google Toolbar Notifier BHO are disabled, select each add-on and click the 'Enable' radio button.
4.Click OK.

Step 2: Enable the Toolbar in the 'View' menu.

1.Click the Internet Explorer View menu or press Alt-V on your keyboard.
2.Select Toolbars.
3.Select Google Toolbar.

Step 3: Reset Internet Explorer settings.

1.Click the Internet Explorer Tools menu or press Alt-T on your keyboard.
2.Select Internet Options.
3.On the Advanced tab, click Reset.

Fareastdriver
3rd Dec 2011, 09:05
I went through the Internet tools menu and the Google toolbar was shown as enabled. I tried restoring the computer but that also did not help.
This morning I went into the control panel/Internet options; scrolled through the lot without doing anything and now it's OK.
Bl$$dy computers.
Thanks for your help.