PDA

View Full Version : JAA Class-Rating Renewals in this region

flying.monkeyz
2nd Dec 2011, 02:10
Dear all, I am based in Singapore and I hold a UK CPL/IR. My single-engine piston rating is about to expire and I don't really want to let it lapse.

Can anyone tell me whether there are any JAA authorised examiners based in this region?

Thanks heaps!

Metro man
2nd Dec 2011, 06:35
Try these guys

licensing medicals (http://www.aeromedicalcentre.com/licensing%20medicals.htm)

flying.monkeyz
2nd Dec 2011, 07:12
Thanks Metroman, I'm not looking at medical renewal, but rather class-rating renewal. It involves a check-ride.

Shirazmerlot
6th Dec 2011, 04:02
you have to go back UK and renew it. or either JAA member state authorized FTO. I also having the same license as you. mine will expire next year.

thrustpig
6th Dec 2011, 05:36
There are a couple of guys in singapore who have a jaa easa trto. good guys. I dont know if they can do bug smasher rating renewals? However, if not perhaps they know who can? google cockpitpro

flying.monkeyz
6th Dec 2011, 21:28
you have to go back UK and renew it. or either JAA member state authorized FTO. I also having the same license as you. mine will expire next year.

Yup thanks. I'm planning to head back to the UK to renew it next month. Just hope the weather ain't :mad:.

Shirazmerlot
7th Dec 2011, 02:33
which FTO in UK did you get your license. the winter in UK now is nasty. I started my CPL early this year..and i couldn't fly for 3 weeks.

Captain Stravaigin
7th Dec 2011, 11:39
I think I may be able to help, I am based in Kuala Lumpur and have UK CRI and MY AFI ratings so I can fly with you here in a 9M registered aircraft. I suspect you would need to get a MY DCA validation of your licence - but although bureaucratic I don't think that is a major problem.

I cannot help with the IR but I can do SEP renewals - assuming you have the hours. I also have Revalidation Examiner Privileges so I can sign your licence after the BFR assuming all is OK and we land in one piece (!)

flying.monkeyz
8th Dec 2011, 01:37
Thanks Captain! I'll have a look at all my options and will revert.

I do have a Malaysian SPL. Does that help?

Captain Stravaigin
8th Dec 2011, 08:13
Yes for sure - if you already have a MY DCA student licence that gets rid of all of the bureaucratic problems. In that case all we have to do is go fly.:ok: