View Full Version : Contract Help

EA3
1st Dec 2011, 23:06
Hello,

Due to unfortunate pilot layoffs at my current company, I have been given a temporary lay off. No timeline was mentioned however I assume it can be a maximum of 6 months. I am now determined to fill the void. I was just hired at a large charter company in Canada and finished my PPC on the Airbus 330. I only gained 12 hours on type before my notice was given. I have been on a few sites looking for short term work, only problem is 500 hours seems to be pretty strick and I get the generic automated response that I dont meet mins.

My question is, Can anybody tell me if I have a chance to get a contract short term somewhere in the world. Given my experience is small on the 330 I want to use the ticket I just got. Also new to this site if I`m not posting in the right forum please direct me.

EA3

Thank you

Kirks gusset
2nd Dec 2011, 07:23
Unfortunately, even if you have extensive experience on other wide body types I would say the prospects are very slim , non existent with only 12 hrs on type. Perhaps you can arrange to at least keep the OPC/LPC current with your former company.