PDA

View Full Version : FAA CFI NEEDED for BFR in New Zealand or australia

ronak.akik2k
1st Dec 2011, 22:04
Hello,

I have a FAA CPL with Multi and I need a FAA CFI to do a BFR with me, as my last flight was more than 2 years ago, so i can convert it to NZ PPL/CPL. I am already in New Zealand.

Please, i will really appreciate it.

Airman1985
3rd Dec 2011, 02:06
finding a FAA CFI in your area may be easy, but finding an access to an airplane with that CFI may be a challenge...

Gleim Aviation: Directory: Flight School Directories (http://www.gleim.com/aviation/directories/index.php?avTab=cfi&search=int#avTab%3Dcfi)

Airman1985
3rd Dec 2011, 03:11
I wasn't aware that an instructor with non-FAA flight instructor cert. can give FAA biennial flight review endorsement, which is required for a license conversion.

ronak.akik2k
5th Dec 2011, 03:35
A NZ CFI cannot do the BFR. Is there any in Australia? Might go there and do it instead of waiting for one here in kiwi!!:ugh:

paulsalem
5th Dec 2011, 06:44
Ronak check PMs

truefaith
6th Dec 2014, 22:01
I need a US FAA CFI to do BFR for me.

Is that anyone I can approach in Australia?

Thank you.

captjns
7th Dec 2014, 01:24
Do you have a US registered aircraft available? What type, location

truefaith
7th Dec 2014, 01:31
Do you have a US registered aircraft available? What type, location
I am not residing in Australia and I do not own an aircraft.

However, I can come to Australia.

captjns
8th Dec 2014, 08:14
A FAA inspector was quite specific on the subject about conducting instruction using my FAA CFI overseas.

hikoushi
17th Dec 2014, 07:42
Unless your CFI also holds an NZ instructor's and pilot's certificate (and for that matter you hold an NZ PPL as well, being checked out as PIC and all), you will have to find an N-number aircraft in which to do your BFR with said FAA rated CFI.