PDA

View Full Version : Help!

M-ONGO
1st Dec 2011, 17:32
Hi

Quick question...

How does one select text from another posters reply, for example, then paste it (with the blue background) in his or her own post?

Thank you

treadigraph
1st Dec 2011, 18:44
Hi

Quick question...

How does one select text from another posters reply, for example, then paste it (with the blue background) in his or her own post?

Thank you

Select the text then click the http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/editor/quote.gif from the message icons at the top of your edit window and paste the text between the two quote tags that appear. Simples...

M-ONGO
1st Dec 2011, 19:01
Many thanks

The icon only comes up with please insert the URL of your link? I'm on an iPad, would that make a difference?

Thanks

treadigraph
1st Dec 2011, 19:15
Sorry,no idea about the iPad, never used one; on a PC I simply use the mouse to highlight the text I want to quote and copy it.

M-ONGO
1st Dec 2011, 19:29
Bloody apple! Thanks.

spannersatcx
1st Dec 2011, 19:33

The icon only comes up with please insert the URL of your link? I'm on an iPad, would that make a difference?

Thanks

hit the reply button then
http://www.pprune.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6837700&noquote=1 <-delete the 1 in the url and load the page. :ok:

11Fan
1st Dec 2011, 19:37
....or......

Hit reply, then cut and past this,

[Q UOTE]*[/Q UOTE]

Then, close up the space between the two Q and U's then cut and paste the text you want to quote where the * is at.

M-ONGO
1st Dec 2011, 19:38
M-ONGO Many thanks

Thanks

Thanks all - it's about as intuitive as pro line 21!

CharlieOneSix
2nd Dec 2011, 09:42
Hi

Quick question...

Thank you

If you are running the PPRuNe mobile app then - on an iPhone anyway - just click on the "Quote" icon as I have done here.

Background Noise
2nd Dec 2011, 13:08
... or read the sticky FAQ at the top of this section :rolleyes: