PDA

View Full Version : Shooting live rounds in FAA land

madman1145
1st Dec 2011, 11:47
Hello fellows;

Just wondering, I know US is a trigger happy community, but is it allowed in the civilian FAA world to hook on a guy, that shoots live rounds out the side?
That Robby pilot flying along has some cojones, tagging along an unknown entertainer with a machine gun blasting bullets.

M4ZL__PeZ54

- madman

SASless
1st Dec 2011, 12:06
Night Hog hunting with an NVG equipped SAW would be great sport! Lots of room in Texas for that kind of activity. Yet another way of making money using a helicopter!

You folks in Blighty....don't try this at home!:=

A For What It Is Worth.....I did fly for a FAA FAR Part 135 Air Taxi Operation that had door mounted machineguns (real ones...with real bullets!)

The land owner I worked for took great exception to Trespassers and got plumb cross if they tried to nick any of his high value property.

vaqueroaero
1st Dec 2011, 12:13
There are plenty of videos on Youtube of "trigger happy" US citizens hog hunting out of helicopters. So to answer your question, yes it is allowed, although regulated.

mfriskel
1st Dec 2011, 15:09
Interesting choice of words from a cold country "trigger happy". I whole-heartedly defend my right to keep and bear arms, but have never thought myself "trigger happy".

Gomer Pylot
1st Dec 2011, 15:17
And there have been, I believe, at least 3 fatal crashes while hunting hogs from helicopters since it was approved. Not every state allows it (each state regulates hunting in its boundaries), but Texas does, with the result a minor decrease in the population of both feral hogs and humans.

Feral hogs are a major problem here, and the population continues to explode. Landowners desperately want to get rid of them, especially with the exceptional drought conditions that persist, but there are much more efficient ways to do that, both in numbers and economics.

iainms
1st Dec 2011, 19:16
Its much more interesting when some one is shooting back:eek:

SASless
1st Dec 2011, 20:01
It does make it more "sporting" !:\

topendtorque
1st Dec 2011, 20:10
but there are much more efficient ways to do that, both in numbers and economics.

yep, a bag of grain - a cement mixer - a bit of lucijet - spread in hogs way.