PDA

View Full Version : Jaa ATPL exam question

Hos
5th Sep 2001, 09:21
Hello,
I'm about to start an intergrated course and looking for more information on the exam system.

At the moment as i'm aware you can attempt up to 4 times on a maximum of 6 sittings.
What happens if someone doesn't make it in those 6 sittings? Is that it for good or can a candidate start again from scratch and re-take all of the exams?

Thankyou and info is much appreciated.
W5

mikmohr
6th Sep 2001, 17:17
You may retake all your exams if you go outside the 4 and 6 rule. However, it is my understanding that you have to complete these re-takes within the 18 months. That is, you must complete successfully all the ground examinations within 18 calender months of your first sitting of a JAA exam. :)

BackSeatDriver
7th Sep 2001, 19:22
Further to Mik Moore's reply:

You are quite right: you can have 4 attempts at any single paper within a total of 6 sittings to pass all 14 papers. The 14 papers must be completed within 18 months of sitting your first paper.

However, if you fail a paper 4 times, or you run out of sittings, you are allowed to start all over again, but you will be required to take further training from a JAR Approved School. Once again, you would have 18 months to complete the 14 papers successfully.

As I understand it, you could do that as many times as it takes, tho' I feel most people would be discouraged from continuing if this happened to them.

Hope this helps.......

Martin
(ex-PPSC Gen Nav Instructor)