PDA

View Full Version : At long last – a rainbow.

Kharon
30th Nov 2011, 05:07
Mods, please don't move this one. :D

Bismillah. The eldest Granddaughter, raised by 'aviation oriented' children, volunteered to monitor the 'stats' of the petition (and the dreaded Pprune), which they support fiercely, they are pretty savvy. I guess it's due to hearing endless 'Tales of the Beast'.

Of course, they were all brought up with Tolkien, Blyton and Gann for imagination; Kipling for their souls and Shakespeare for their daily bread, and myself (a bit) for a soupcon of pragmatic, earthy workingman's 'commonsense'; for what that's worth these days.

Anyway – they have become fascinated with statistics since engaging in the defence of JQ, (mind you, any stray dog would do), but, JQ has their vote right now.

They have decided that the Merchant of Venice best represents their cause. They cite the following quotes as inspiration.

(Shylock, scene i).
Nay, take my life and all; pardon not that; You take my house, when you do take the prop That doth sustain my house; you take my life, When you do take the means whereby I live.

(Portia, scene ii).
"God made him, and therefore let him pass for a man".

(Launcelot Gobbo, scene ii).
"My meaning in saying he is a good man, is, to have you understand me that he is sufficient".

(Shylock, scene iii).
Truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid long; a man's son may; but, in the end, truth will out.

This my co mates and brothers in exile, makes the whole game, worth the candle. Pure gold in a sea of dross (reader translation accepted).

But it's the Sunfish shout and I still need help translating the stats the kids have dragged down off the 'Net'.

Ma'a as-salaamah .http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif :D.

Selah.