PDA

View Full Version : London Heathrow crossing from the north to hap

Craigt47
28th Nov 2011, 22:41
Hi,

First off, sorry I am writing on an iPhone. So spelling and grammar might be bad. I have just have quick question around EGLL heli trans instructions. If holding at Sipson you are cleared cross 27L. Do you route from Sipson parallel to 27l to cross the threshold then hold fuel farm or just route direct to fuel farm? Also the same question from fuel farm to duke of Northumbria river, to hold bedfont for HAP?

Thanks in advance

P.s newbie to this world!

JimBall
29th Nov 2011, 12:10
You should get an on-the-day briefing from TC Ops.

On westerlies the north crossing point is normally threshold 27R, hold at intersection (between the 2 actives), then take instruction to cross threshold 27L. But it varies according to Heathrow Tower and traffic.

"Easterlies" - no crossings permitted presently either from north or south.

And the experiment of "TEAM" landings at certain times of day (using both arrival runways) means that a Heathrow crossing is no longer certain at all.

So - call 'em and chat with the Supervisor on the day.

"HAP" isn't part of crossing procedures - it's for landing helis. And you don't want THAT bill!!

Aucky
29th Nov 2011, 18:36
When I last crossed they were on westerlies and TEAM was not in progress (i had checked by telephone before the flight, they said they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't be in operation but they should be able to get me across). In this instance they were landing 27R and departing 27L.

I was simply crossing north-south from Sipson - Bedfont. The crossing instruction, as per the AIP was to cross behind the landing final traffic, and pass downwind of the departure runway threshold. There was no holding involved, but any holding obviously would have been overhead the dual-taxiways (which i believe have now changed name to the intersection or something).

I'm not sure whether this is what you were asking as it includes nothing to do with the HAP joins, and do you mean 27R in your initial question? From Sipson (north of the airport) you don't directly cross 27L to get to the Fuel farm - you would need to cross 27R initially...

I may have answered a slightly different question to what you have asked as i'm not familiar with the HAP procedures. This video is of the standard 27 south bound crossing (excuse the persistence to call runway 27 '28' in the comms), you may chose to skip forward to 4:10 for the actual crossing.

y21Hwc-7KHo

Gonzo
29th Nov 2011, 20:31
Stand by for our new procedures due with the AIP update on the 16th December, along with an explanatory presentation kindly hosted on the AIS website!

Craigt47, if you haven't done the crossing before, I'd strongly recommend you do it with someone who is experienced in them.

JimBall
4th Dec 2011, 09:13
New procedures active Dec 15. If you are not aware, you won't get a crossing.
http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/aip/current/amend28/Amd28.pdf#page193

John R81
4th Dec 2011, 16:31
That looks quite sensible as a routing. Is it anticipated that delays in crossing will be reduced by these routings?