PDA

View Full Version : EPI BC gone back to homeland!

jack schidt
28th Nov 2011, 13:07
Hmm, the situation seems to me to be deteriorating. To me leaving behind a $50 million investment company appears strange, especially as he is the Director CEO or make of it what you will! Something is amiss, the flying might not be great but to give up with a company for which you are responsible for over $50 mil? If the company / investment had nothing but junk status written all over it, you wouldn't want to leave it behind and run home!

Something is not right and it looks like out of sight out of mind to me??

Thoughts?

donpizmeov
28th Nov 2011, 14:08
He is still on the roster for Dec. You may want to check your facts.

the Don

jack schidt
28th Nov 2011, 14:43
If your in EPI check your email, he will be gone VVV Shortly

canadansk
29th Nov 2011, 06:04
One and only syndicate??? I think you should speak to them to find out just how bad it really is for most of the syndicates!

Not from here
29th Nov 2011, 06:24
Hi Sittin
EPC made one mistake in their history of investments partly due to their past successes but the present dude actually has saved

Think it was EPI doing the investments !

Big Buddha
29th Nov 2011, 08:23
I think that there is some confusion here between EPI, which BC has run away from and left, and EPC which is something different.

BC now signed off sick until mid-Dec, will he be back? His house up for sale.

CAYNINE
29th Nov 2011, 09:33
WTF Sitting Bullsite!!!!

Not seeing any positives out of BC going home, in fact the whole thing appears to revolve around a threat of legal action against him by investors, similar to what has happened in another investment fund that went wrong.

....and have you heard of the Willie Bay syndicate??? Something like 5 years in and no sight of any return to investors.....

Yeah I would buy the guy a drink..... not!

Schnowzer
29th Nov 2011, 11:52
He resigned, tried to shorten the notice and has gone sick. Any bets on him returning mid-December or sicking it out. Excuse kids into school early, uh yeah right.....

fliion
29th Nov 2011, 21:37
He reads these posts.... And in the past has responded.

So if there is legitimacy he will respond.

From what I gathered at a recent meeting some of the investors in EPI are not pushovers nor lacking the ability to go the 'extra mile'.

This is serious for the principals.

F.

SOPS
30th Nov 2011, 04:14
now this is interesting:sad: So is anyone actually running EPI now, or what is happening with it?

SOPS
1st Dec 2011, 06:23
Another question..where does this leave investors now? What are your thoughts?

jack schidt
1st Dec 2011, 18:25
It is clear to me. The NEW GFC is about to come upon us and the current money in the company will only further reduce every ones return.

To me these 2 emails lately are a desperate call to admit defeat and own up to GTFODodge ASAP! I say all members (partners) should call a meeting ASAP and sell off everything, cut losses and move on. You try to ask for only half your initial investment back, ha hah, that would reduce their losses or increase current profits hugely but, they won't do that!

When BC gets on the plane, he won't be coming back in a hurry. In this land he fears repercussions in my opinion and back in his homeland he feels he might get away with out of sight out of mind and if there were repercussions then the law down there would be a better choice than in the UAE.

Should the members allow him to leave the country without any action to liquidate the company and he stay in the country until that happens then the members (partners) deserve whatever final return they get!

Time is running out for action!

marniplod
4th Dec 2011, 12:13
Well he was seen today at the ESC End of Service counter today with his wife. In his emails he said he had resigned from EK not EPI. If his intentions had been dishonorable then he would have just left and not told anyone until he got to Oz, rather than leave an opportunity to be stopped at the airport. Right or wrong?

max AB
4th Dec 2011, 16:17
Have you heard of the EK contacts list?? He has a phone number, why not just call him and ask? Sorry forgot, my mistake, Pprune is where the real answers lie....

jack schidt
4th Dec 2011, 18:39
Does an open and honest statement of moving 15hours away clear you of any liability in the future > "I told them I was going and I did just that, I left, no one asked me to stay behind or tried to stop me"!

You ask them in the office for a list of the policy holders, you won't get it. It is a sure way for them to run the fund in a way that the members have no control over their money or costs of running it including salary and costs for the years to come (if the fund has any money left in it by the time they intend to run this out to).

By signing investors up as "partners" and not investors it makes you the "investor"as liable to the failure of the fund as BC. As all investors are partners, then they can get away with manipulating the fund as they wish without the investors majority vote taken into account.

There is a greater global depression forecast in the near future than in 2009, to me getting back something now is better than nothing in the future and in no way will there be any gains made on the fund in current and future markets.

EDIT > BC has already landed away and now the head has been removed from the body, we can only bounce around aimlessly with no guidance or direction and it is in the fate of luck from here on in that anything more than 30% is returned in my opinion. When was the last time they gave you an accurate valuation of your share, they have no idea to quote it as the figure diminishes by the hour.

max AB
5th Dec 2011, 07:53
By signing investors up as "partners" and not investors it makes you the "investor"as liable to the failure of the fund as BC. As all investors are partners, then they can get away with manipulating the fund as they wish without the investors majority vote taken into account.

So when was this epiphany, before or after you invested? Take some responsibility for your own situation like some of the rest of us... Forgotten the wine and nibblies for the "partners" when things were looking rosey, all slaps on the back as paper profit was being made???

Wizofoz
5th Dec 2011, 10:25
It was a medium risk investment even before the GCC.

No one has done anything underhanded. It was based on assumptions which seemed sound at the time, then circumstances (to say the least!!) changed.

It's obviously a case of salvage what can be salvaged, and anything less than a total loss I'll be grateful.

harry the cod
5th Dec 2011, 10:44
Look on the brightside, things could be worse;

1) You could have invested in F1
2) You could have invested in Hampstead and Mayfair
3) You could have invested in Property Concepts
4) You could have invested with Nakheel in an off plan never to be built property.
5) You could be married to a woman who treats your credit card limit as a target each month.
6) You could have bought a 4 year old BMW X5 just as the expensive air suspension needed replacing.
7) Your tenants decide it's time to move out
8) You put on weight with so much stress that your whole wardrobe needs replacing.
9) Christmas is just around the corner and all three kids want new i pads.... just as stocking fillers!
10) All of the above!!!!!!! :\ :uhoh: :mad: :ouch: :eek: :( :sad: :{

Harry ...... still smiling..... but only just!

donpizmeov
5th Dec 2011, 11:16
If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger Harry. Just think how happy you will feel when you sell that Beamer.
See that silver lining does have a cloud.:ok:

The Don

Kittty125
5th Dec 2011, 11:59
Ouch Harry. Any chance you could let us know where you're planning to invest next... :E:E:E

CAYNINE
5th Dec 2011, 14:45
Alright.....

Here's what is the p$ssoff is about.

To all you smug individuals who delight in making it known that all investors are stupid and get what they deserve, (more than a high percentage of you are the ones who retire with NO money and NO idea how to survive after never taking a risk in their entire lives).

BC, KT and a few other very very very :E respectable principals of EPI put a proposal to investors, partners, whatever the little minded pedantic naysayers want to call it, to purchase a share in the EPI fund in question. Now that was all very respectable above the board and handled very professionally, professionally took our cheques, professionally gave us a nice certificate and wow a CD, all swimmingly wonderful stuff......

2008 GFC.... hmm $55 million US dollars are in the account unspent, waiting for that magic moment to pounce and gain the maximum return from the amazing bargains that are about to hit the market, so as the emails that the above gentlemen quite eloquently stated, in all was looking on track and yippee!! (hands swinging like a puppet on a string in ecstatic glee) we are now looking at more property to capture in this down market....bla bla bla.

Soooooo.... What I want to know is why the :mad: did these idiots start selling these off at friggin nothing prices???? Why didn't they admit that the strategy was flawed and that the really didn't know what was about to happen??? Why did the upper management change at a critical point? This happened with KT before he went medical, and even so why did he leave the business if it was THAT good?

Finally...... if $55 mill was still in the bank in 2009 nearly a year and a half after the establishment of the fund why the hell couldn't the above individuals have the integrity to close the fund, return the capital and win over all the investors so they would have good faith in them again for when things improved???

But I suspect they were already so full of ego and arrogance that they never intended to return the funds, now we have BC sending us emails that they are paying someone independently to look at restructure and strategy... please give me a break!!! That just means more time to absorb more of the capital and get outta sight.

Ok its off my liver now.... night:ugh:

White Knight
5th Dec 2011, 23:10
To all you smug individuals who delight in making it known that all investors are stupid and get what they deserve, (more than a high percentage of you are the ones who retire with NO money and NO idea how to survive after never taking a risk in their entire lives).

Well Caynine; I've been quiet here so far - but I have to say I was never keen on the EPI blurb so stayed out... Lucky for me maybe! But I'm also an investor who intends to retire with LOTS of money and LOTS of ideas of post-retirement survival (plenty of risk 'cos I didn't buy gold and silver SI)

I'm truly sorry for you guys/gals who've lost out here - or are potentially going to lose out... Best of luck getting your cash back:ok:

harry the cod
6th Dec 2011, 06:04
Don's right, maybe there is a silver lining for us all. Not only have I sold the Beemer (replaced with on off white 7 year old sunny with crappy window tinting and 8 careful owners, but Kitty has given me a great idea for us all to get rich quick.

I'll retire early from Emirates and set up my own financial consultancy business. You pay me a fee (discounted for EPC members) and I recommend what I would invest in. YOU just go out and do the complete opposite! Bingo.... everyones a winner!

Now, just need to think of a suitable investment name. DeVeres maybe?

Harry ;)

p.s. A big thank you to those successful investors who offered my kids their ipads due to them upgrading to newer versions. All donations welcome.

p.p.s Any ex Nissan mechanics out there who fancy earning a few extra quid on the side?

Plazbot
6th Dec 2011, 08:50
Um, nurse?

Kittty125
6th Dec 2011, 10:16
SI - you need to chill man. If you read WK's post you'll see that he said his investments were risky because he didn't invest in precious metals.

Talking of precious....:ugh:

TangoUniform
6th Dec 2011, 18:39
Have we figured out that SI is our ole friend Mensaboy? Only he could rant like that about the Americans. Just late for tea as he rushes down the rabbit hole. Yawn.....

TangoUniform
8th Dec 2011, 09:17
Ah, the meds kicked in for Mensaboy. Posts seemed to have been removed. Hey Mensa, you forgot Kent State and Selma and Watts, and Rodney King, and the Patriot Act, Katrina and M.A.D., the Trilateral Commission, and "Loose Change",.............just helping the love to continue.

Back to thread, has anybody received any further word on BC status and whereabouts?

ENFP
8th Dec 2011, 17:52
SI

What TU means is that your last rant that we all read and you have now decided to delete, was so far off the plot, so wrong, so ill judged and covering things that could never even remotely have been suggested or provoked by TU in his original post that in order to deal a full deck you had missed out some subjects and he was pointing them out to you. I think most of us that read your rant get exactly what TU means but you don't. Funny!

You say to TU
How have I offended you? which seems strange especially since we have never had a disagreement here on PP, as far as I can remember.

Do you remember the absolute rant and slagging session you had at TU in the post you deleted, claiming that people like him were the reason for all the problems in the USA? :ugh::ugh:

As TU says, it is good you have been taking your medications now.

Anyway back to thread eh! :ok:

White Knight
8th Dec 2011, 21:27
So WK, exactly what is your argument AGAINST gold and silver? You have never explained your POV and continually make false assertions in that regard. So if you don't mind....please enlighten everyone about your G/S opinion.

No argument old girl.............

I really couldn't give a monkey's:\:\:\:\

You just seem to be SO KEEN:rolleyes:

PS: What 'false assertions' am I talking about with G/S?

TangoUniform
9th Dec 2011, 16:34
With regards to BC when he tried to get me to invest......I learned many years ago to never ever invest in ANY opportunity that was either promoted or managed by a pilot. I have personally witnessed pilots loosing hundreds of thousands of dollars doing the above. Worked great in the short term and now....nada.

And concerning Mensaboy. Just too rich. Perhaps he can get some SFO or JFK layovers and join the "Occupiers". He will find many like minded friends in those groups. I'll bring my Tea Party placard and John Birch society membership card just to annoy him. As he said, "people like you" Even have a chant for you Mensa, "the whole world is watching". And as Rodney King said, "why can't we all just along". Good night and good luck.;);) Back to Glenn Beck.

White Knight
11th Dec 2011, 20:53
WK, you profess that you never slagged Gold or Silver, or something along those lines. But that is not the truth at all ! How on earth could you post that? You have been countering my opinions about investments for almost a year now and in spite of the fact you have been proven WRONG in all regards, you suggest otherwise. You actually have gone so far as to say that gold and silver has been a BAD investment over the last few years. Are you delusional? I never suggested I was, somehow brilliant regarding investing. I only expressed what I believed to be the reality of our present system of finance. I actually hope to be wrong about some things but for you to distort past events, basically fabricate things in the hopes that someone else might believe you.... is pathetic.

What I'm saying dear girl is that I never really gave a sh1t................. You're just a pompous re-write of MENSABOY, emitting all of the bollocks that came from his unesteemed keyboard.

You are BORING because your posts are too long and tedious. You're also full of hot air! I don't fabricate anything, nor do I lie as you assert.

Adios SI. Keep the blue side up - if you're able:ouch::ugh::hmm:

If you really want to know who I am feel free to PM me:E:E:E:E

White Knight
11th Dec 2011, 21:18
When you call a man ''Dear Girl''

Oh I'm sorry... Thought you were a lass the way you waffle on about G & S... :}

fliion
12th Dec 2011, 01:49
Can anyone confirm strong rumour that BC was detainded yesterday in DXB and his passports taken.

Came from a good source.

f.

CAYNINE
12th Dec 2011, 03:31
Oh ffs can you two take it outside please..........

Anyone care to comment on the latest email from BC? ( I think that was what this thread was about)

marniplod
12th Dec 2011, 05:36
The way I read BC's latest email is that he is thinking about winding up the UAE PP funds. However all his emails are written in doubletalk hence his need to clarify the last one with more doubletalk. His proposed member meeting in January would be a step in the right direction although I hope he implements for his sake some crowd control measures and gets a few minders. Bring your own KFC, the cupboard's bare!

donpizmeov
13th Dec 2011, 13:19
sittingidly,

When you sober up re-read your last post. You may have some interesting and informative things to add to discussions, but rants like these dilute from the good stuff you have to say.

The Don

Dropp the Pilot
13th Dec 2011, 13:35
Both sitting and whiteknight are so manifestly unhinged and intent on demonstrating the fact that they have gone from thoroughly embarrassing themselves and are now a true concern. I fully expect to read a MUSE report some day that says "the pilot was a known whack job".

TangoUniform
13th Dec 2011, 16:24
Mensaboy, It might have to do something with your ad hominen attacks towards certain countries that you have been ranting on for several years. And why did you remove the post that showed your true colours? You remind me of Rush Limbaugh (I'm just an entertainer) or Bill Moher (I'm just a comedian). You removed the post (oh, it wasn't pertinent). And who cares, really if you are proved right or wrong. Most don't know who you are, so what difference does it make? Seems like most of your posts do attack someone or something. Just a view. Relax, have a cup of tea. But back of ad hominen attacks. Gotta side with WK on this one, mate.

Kamelchaser
14th Dec 2011, 02:32
Same idiots hijacking posts for the purposes of continuing their childish arguments amongst themselves.

For heaven's sake; p@#s off and leave the sensible discussions to the adults.

Puma one
14th Dec 2011, 07:05
Concerned investors in UAEPP1 please PM me

SOPS
29th Mar 2012, 18:23
and was there news from this