PDA

View Full Version : REDQ Dead

astroboy55
27th Nov 2011, 20:04
Multiple news channels this morning reporting AJ's little Asian experiment is dead in the water. Reasons stated are 'global economic uncertainty', however I think its obvious its more like 'didn't really think that one through, did we...'

:ok:

Capt Kremin
27th Nov 2011, 20:38
The European debt crisis has been bubbling along now for many months. Surely that would have been factored in to the business case for RedQ from day one.

So what are you going to do now Alan to improve the QF intl bottom line? How about doing what has been anathema to your sorry management up till now?

Invest in your core product and people.... Maybe when you show a little faith in us, we will show you the money?

GUARD
27th Nov 2011, 20:54
Or maybe it was only ever a tool to scare a few away to other lands, It's all about perception....................

GUARD:cool:

OneDotLow
27th Nov 2011, 21:13
So help me god...

What are we going to do with all those A320s now? And what of Airbus?? After all Alan said they couldn't do it without Qantas. ;)

This will raise a few questions for Fort Fumble.

:ugh: :D

Agent_c
27th Nov 2011, 21:29
Now that the super premium all stops service is gone; who will save Qantas now?

Looks like a job for... Sell-off-the-exiting-bits-to-my-mates-and-get-a-government-takeover man.

ohallen
27th Nov 2011, 21:35
Bit of a coincidence Dixon crops up on weekend media on multiple occasions.

This is about to get interesting I suspect.

Worrals in the wilds
27th Nov 2011, 21:43
Ohallen, I saw that too and thought something was afoot (no doubt everyone else did too :suspect:).
So FarQ has Farqued Off...I reckon that they realized that the Asians were going to eat them alive, that's if it was ever a real plan to start with. The whole thing always seemed very light on details and heavy on spin. Lord knows what the next gem will be!:{

Keg
27th Nov 2011, 21:46
Dead or just parked for a year or two?

Tidbinbilla
27th Nov 2011, 21:50
A search will reveal a thread already running. Feel free to continue there.