PDA

View Full Version : Rotor Design Help Request

HPH Hopeful
27th Nov 2011, 05:21
I am uncertain if this is the appropriate place for this query but noticed some intelligent dialogue between your members through a search on bing and joined your community to ask.
As implied by my user name I will be making a future attempt to collect the Sikorsky prize offered by AHS and am to the point of serious consideration of the rotor system.
My question is for any information possible which may help me hash out the design elements of the rotors for low (1-100), intermediate (101-300) or high (301-500) rpm operation under human powered conditions.
I am beginning the process of testing my airframe and expect to generate the top end of my rpm spectrum but anticipate the ability to match my output as needed by the final design of the rotors.
Thanks to any and all, in advance, for your assistance.

Hopeful

Tallsar
27th Nov 2011, 22:14
Hi Hopeful

Suggest you follow this link:

University of Glasgow :: School of Engineering :: Our staff :: Dr Stewart S Houston (http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/engineering/staff/stewarthouston/)

On Prof Stuart's page you will find his email. I would recommend you mail him with your queries and questions. He presently is professor of Aero at Glasgow University.

Stuart is one of the UK's most distinguished helicopter aerodynamicists and in earlier days worked on some of the UK's more exciting helicopter research programmes. I was privileged to work with him briefly.

I trust he will be as helpful as I anticipate

Best regards

HPH Hopeful
26th Dec 2011, 15:06
Thank You,
I contacted Dr. Houston and he gave me some helpful information.
Hope your holidays are pleasant and safe.
Good day.

Hopeful:ok: