PDA

View Full Version : A320 IRU Inilialization

jriv
26th Nov 2011, 19:12
Hey All,

When you turn on your IRUs for the first flight of the day, do you watch that each IRU will revert to battery power with a pause in between, or just turn all three on at once and see if the "ON BAT" light illuminates at least once?

Thanks,

jriv

Neupielot
26th Nov 2011, 23:52
I turn them on one at a time and look for the "on bat" light on then off before turning the other adiru on. why? i really dunno....

Someone told me that its to check that the adiru can be powered by the batt...but i can't find anything about that in the fcom...

Someone shed some light on this? :)

Dream Land
27th Nov 2011, 02:33
I agree, in the past, it was SOP to to each one on individually and check the ability to operate - on batt, and in the proper order, I imagine to remphasize the proper sequence. Do I do it like that now, uh, no. :\

grounded27
27th Nov 2011, 03:26
The effort is pointless, IRU's have a self test function (as did old INU's) to check battery voltage on init. They will fail if the batt is not operating sat.

Nick 1
27th Nov 2011, 07:16
I turn them on one at a time and look for the "on bat" light on then off before turning the other adiru on. why? i really dunno....

Someone told me that its to check that the adiru can be powered by the batt...but i can't find anything about that in the fcom...

Someone shed some light on this?

PRO-SUP 34 Adirs Operation

irish330
27th Nov 2011, 07:43
FCOM Systems Description 1 Tome 2.
Chapter 34: On BAT comes on amber when one or more IRs is supplied only by the a/c battery. It also comes on for a few sec at the beginning of the alignment, but not for a fast realignment.
And the AMM says
ADIRS Start Procedure.

(1)
On the overhead panel, on the ADIRS CDU:

(a)
Set the three OFF/NAV/ATT selector switches to NAV.

(b)
Make sure that the ON BAT light comes on for 5 seconds and the ALIGN legend of the IR1, IR2 and IR3 annunciators comes on.

(c)
Make sure that the FAULT and OFF legends of the ADR1, ADR2 and ADR3 pushbutton switches are off.

(2)
On the CAPT and F/O main instrument panels, on the PFDs :

-
make sure that the CAS, ALT and V/S come into view.

-
make sure that the attitude data come into view 40 seconds approximetaly after the three selector switches are at NAV.

(3)
On the ADIRS CDU, set the SYS DISPLAY selector switch to 1 and the DATA DISPLAY selector switch to PPOS, and make sure that dashes are shown on the CDU display